Saturday 11 April 2015

Uniko Studio - Revisit ...

... Hello again!  Today the Uniko Studio Design Team are revisiting a number of Beverley's super stamp sets:
 Now, I don't have the hummingbird set (yet), so my card features only butterflies:

Butterflies - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - Bright Butterflies, English Country Garden Butterflies
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Garden Green, Gumball Green, Wild Wasabi, Pistachio Pudding, Green Galore, Old Olive; Kaleidacolor - Fresh Greens
Dies: Memeory Box - Cross Stitched Frames #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Lucky Limeade; SU Marker - Basic Black


This card came about because I saw the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch - CTS#117 and the monochromatic colour scheme at CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#118 - that butterfly graphic is so pretty.  This post is going live too late to play along with either challenge, but as they had such an influence on the design, must give them all the credit.  I'm also playing along with House of Cards - HOCApr, where the challenge is to add a butterfly and/or use their colours, obviously I've added butterflies!!

I die cut the green frame and adhered it directly to the card.  I stamped lots of the outline butterfly in black and added colour by over stamping with the solid butterfly - they are really easy to line up.  I spent a while cutting them all out and edged each one with a black marker.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre of the card and adhered the butterflies all around it.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of green card and added more butterflies and a sentiment to the white panel.

Butterflies inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsButterflies sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Now, why don't you hop along and visit the rest of the team to see what they have made for you.  Here's the order of the hop:

Deborah - that's me!!

That's all for now - thanks so much for stopping by, I really do appreciate it.  Have a great day.

signature

22 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic monochrome card Debs. It's a shame both of those challenges have finished as your card would have been perfect in either. Have a good day. X

BożenA said...

Beautiful card. Wonderful stamps with a pattern of butterflies. I love your designs.
Regards, Bozen

sandie said...

stunning colours and fab showcase of this set x

worrywort said...

These cards have a lovely fresh look.

Sarah G said...

Love these greens, Deborah! I haven't tried over stamping with the solid butterfly but it gives a great effect. Love the variegated butterfly on the inside too :)

cm said...

You can predict my response...SWOONING! Two elegant cards featuring one of my favourite butterfly stamp sets! Gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs~c

Carole said...

Beautiful zingy cards...love that vibrant green. Clever stamping and I also like the die cut frame it showcases them so well.

Pam said...

This is gorgeous. I love the inside as much as the outside. Beautiful colors.

Shona Chambers said...

Oooh this is gorgeous in green and love that the rest of the card is clean and white. Really makes those butterflies almost fly off the page!! Amazing card!

Bobby said...

6 different green inks? Love the butterflies stamped in each one. Such a beautiful card.

sue t. said...

OMG- green!!! My favorite color in the whole world!! Love your wonderful set of ombred flutterbys! Thanks for joining us at the House of Cards this month!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Love these butterflies!

Skylark said...

It's a shame your card didn't make our challenge at CC&S, I had to do a double take for a minute as I hadn't remember seeing it! I especially like the design with the off the edge butterfly. Stef x

Nicki S said...

So pretty, I love it! The inside of the card is cool too. I really love the blending of the different shades of green inks!

Rebecca Hoy said...

Love all the different shades of green, Rebecca x

Rahmat said...

Loving all the green here Deborah, and the added shimmer is to perfection, the colors are very serene - I would call it ;)

Denise Bryant said...

Love these beautiful butterflies! They are on my wish list!

Beverley said...

I never used to be a lover of green, but my love for it seems to be growing. I adore the mix of shades you have used and the placement of the butterflies too. Beautifully done. Hugs Bev x

Mynn xx said...

I adore these green butterflies, Deb! Such a pretty card, fabulous sentiment, and lovely inside, too! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

foleysfriend said...

While I love your butterflies, I really love the cross-stitched frame; so elegant

Rosmarie said...

Beautiful card, Deborah! Very elegant, all these green shades.
Thanks for joining us at the House of Cards Challenge.
Rosi x

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love your pretty green butterflies! So bright and fresh! Thanks for playing along with us over at House of Cards!
Take Care!
Michele, HOC DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...