Wednesday 29 April 2015

TMR - Birds ...

....  Good morning!!  It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room, where we aim to provide inspiration in making cards, 3D projects or scrapbook pages for the men in our lives.  For the next couple of weeks we want you to feature BIRDS on your projects, here's my take:

Cheers - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Great Big Owl
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: WMS - Big Owl; Die-namics - Celebratory Greetings
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Black; Gold Mirri Card; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear and Gold; SUEF - Arrows


I've told you many times that owls are my favourite birds - I love the character in their faces, so I had to use an owl on my project.  The inspiration for the colours comes from this week's Muse Challenge - MUSE#115 and Chrissie's fabulous card.  I picked this wonderful owl from Waltzingmouse Stamps and stamped him on white card.  I coloured him with Copic markers and added sparkle all over with Wink of Stella brushes in gold and clear.  I cut him out with the matching die.  I cut a panel of black card and embossed it to give some texture to the background.  I cut a branch and greeting from gold mirri card.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel stamped a few of the coordinating circles stamps, and left space for a message.

Cheers inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCheers Sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I took a couple of close-up photos of the owl's head showing the subtle sparkle that you get with the Wink of Stella brushes.  The first one was taken in bright sunshine and the sparkle is just amazing, but even under artificial light (second photo) you can just about see the shimmer!

Cheers Detail 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCheers detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Do drop by the blog and check out the inspiration pieces from the rest of the team and have fun!  You can have cute birds, funny birds, realistic birds, just remember that your project must have a masculine feel.  You've got plenty of time to play along with us, submission deadline is Tuesday 12th May at midnight (7.00pm EDT).  See you soon.

signature

10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome detail in this image~

Becca Cruger said...

What a cool lookin' bird! Love the tire track-esque background! Super cool bird.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A fun and fab image Debs. That Owl looks super glam in all those colours. Great take on Chrissie's Muse card. Sarah x

sue t. said...

Thank you for showing the close up of the glitter! I bet that card is ABSOLUTELY fab in real life!! LOve it and the colors!

Jane said...

Love how that owl stamp looks as if it is knitted, really unusual. Great idea to catch the Wink of Stella in bright sunlight, I can never work out how to show it off in photos.

Loli said...

Hola Debs, your owl is THE KING OF OWOLS, looks fabulous, the sprakle effect is gorgeous and so regal. Great work.
Hugs from Palma

Chrissie said...

This is a truly splendid owl Deborah!
Fab card!
Chrissie, Guest Muse

Monika Reeck said...

That bird is super cool
and the BG you have oh wooow I love it
great texture
and love the branch on your card too
COOL MANLY card
I will join too
just want to choose which Bird I can put on my card
I see your card at MUSE challenge and want to visiting you to leave you some love
hope you like to do the same
hugs, Monika

Ardyth said...

Love the large scale of your owl and that even your background is masculine in feel! So glad you joined us at Muse this week Deborah!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What an owl - but it does not look cheerful to me - rather stern and needs some serious cheering up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...