... Hello!! I've had a really busy month, and only manged to grab a bit of time to make my card for this month's challenge at The Male Room - TMR#214, the day before I went on hols!! This month we want you to make your masculine projects using DOTS AND/OR STRIPES. Here's my card:
Stamps: Dare 2B Artzy - Hot Air Balloon, Balloon Tangle; Waffle Flower - Your Day Sentiments
Inks: Gina K - Blue Sky, Powder Blue, Applemint, Lucky Clover, Sea Glass, Ocean Mist; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Stencils: Waffle Flower - Wave for A2 A6 A7
Accessories: White Card; Design Paper - Kaisercraft Off The Wall; Copic Markers
I used the new Waffle Flower Wave stencil to create the background - I inked with shades of blue and green to make a sky/hill scene. I stamped a couple of cloud outlines directly on the notecard, as well as the large balloon. I also stamped the balloon on white card and dotty design paper. I fussy cut the balloon and design paper and pieced it all together, and adhered the pieces to the note card. I do like paper piecing - but I don't do it enough. I finished the front with a bold greeting, and another hot air balloon. On the inside, I cut a piece of stripey design paper for the mat layer, and on the white panel simply stamped a birthday greeting and another hot air balloon.
I'm submitting this card to Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#389 where the theme is hot air balloons and to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#90 - first time of using the Waffle flower stencil and sentiments.
This card is for my uncle's birthday - his is the first one I have in September.
That's all for now - do visit our blog - The Male Room - to see more design ideas from the rest of the team. See you soon.







5 comments:
Awesome...love your sketchy clouds and the strips & dots on your balloons...super fun!! You nailed our HOT AIR BALLOON challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. A great masculine card with all your shades of blue...thanks for joining the fun and playing along!! Deb Horst, DT #C4G389
what a fun hotair ballong card, thank you for sharing this with us at C4Guyz
I hope you are having/had a wonderful hols, Deborah! Your hot air balloon card is so creative! It's a perfect example of how to show movement with the sweeping hills (love the colors!) and the floating balloons! And I love the bold sediment! If you're able, you should edit and link to the current Just Us Girls Word challenge! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell
Such a super scene you've created here Deborah, love the two balloons floating above the scenery. Thanks for linking up at Cardz4Guyz. :)
A wonderful card, a striking balloon, with the waffle pattern. Thanks for linking to our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.
Post a Comment