Friday 18 October 2024

Happy Birthday Mum

.... Good morning!! Well, it's been a while - again! I'm here this morning with the card I've made for my Mum's birthday. Mum is 85 years young today. We're going into town so that Mum can have her hair done and then a quick trip to the shops. Here's Mum's card:


Stamps: Gina K - Delicate Flowers, On the Inside - Birthday
Inks: Gina K - Red Hot, Red Velvet, Stormy Sky, Jelly Bean Green; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Master Layout 1, Delicate Flowers, Single Stitched Oval #2, Double Stitched Oval #2
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gina K Stencils - Delicate Flowers, Twirl-it Checks; Copic Markers; Gems

I'm submitting this card to three challenges. First to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#67 - first time of using all these items. Second to Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#479 - where it's Any Occasion. Finally to The Flower Challenge - TFC#96 - where we have to add a stencil.

 
 
Mum's favourite colour is red and so I used shades of red to make her card. I stencilled the check background with one red ink - first using a very light touch, and then, after shifting the stencil, adding a second layer of colour with a heavier hand. I used dies to cut out the stencilled panel and a mat black panet and added them to the front of an A2 white note card. I stamped the floral images on white card, used the matching stencils to add colour, and cut them out with the co-ordinating dies. I cut an oval panel in white card and layered it on black. I stamped a simple birthday greeting in black ink and added to the card. I adhered the two floral images above and below the oval, and finished the front by adding a few crystal gems. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel I stamped a birthday greeting and added a row of candles which I coloured to match the front of the card.


I had so much fun making this card - I haven't made any cards since the ones I made for Kat's birthday. I think I might be busy this weekend though - I need to make some Halloween cards for the kids, and then I must make a start on my Christmas cards!!


That's all for today. Thank you for stopping by - I appreciate all comments left. Have a super day.

signature photo Signature.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...