Monday 16 September 2024

A Kitten for Kat

... Hello again! I'm here today with another birthday card for Kat - this time it's the one I made for my mum to send to Kat. Mum likes florals and Kat absolutely adores cats. So this is for her:


Stamps: Gina K - Pocket Full of Sunshine, Delicate Flowers, On the Inside - Birthday
Inks: Gina K - Bubblegum Pink, Passionate Pink, Sea Glass, Blue Lagoon, Key Lime, Lucky Clover, Tranquil Teal; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Master Layouts 1, Master Layouts 14, Single Stitched Ovals #1, Double Stitched Ovals #1, Pocket Full of Sunshine
Accessories: White Card; Gina K Card - Tranquil Teal; Gina K Stencils - Sunflower Garden Layering Stencil; Copics

I'm submitting this card to Inkspirational - INK#324 - where it's designers choice to 'make your mark', and to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#66 - first time I've used the stencil and the stamps. I'm also playing along with Fab 'n' Funky - FNF#600 where the theme is 'birthday or anniversary'.

 
I absolutely love this stencil - it can be used for anything and looks so different when using different coloured inks. I opted for pinks and teals. Once finished, I used dies to cut out the central part of the image which I layered onto dark teal card. I adhered the thin frame to an A2 white note card, and then added the central panel. I die cut a white oval onto which I stamped a birthday greeting in black ink, I layered this onto a dark teal oval panel and added to the card. I finished the front with the cute kitten, which I stamped onto white card, coloured with Copic markers and cut out with the matching die. I cut two additional cats, layered them together and added to the front of the card. On the inside of the card, I cut a piece of dark teal card for the mat layer. On the white panel I stamped a birthday greeting in black and added flowers and a tiny heart.


Mum was very happy with this card - it was just what she wanted. 


That's all for now. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...