Wednesday 7 April 2021

SHC - Lovely Christmas Legs ....

... Morning all! It's time for my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. I've got a Christmas card for you - the snow we had yesterday got me in the mood 😁


Stamps: Colorado Craft Company - Lovely Legs Ice Skating
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Gina K - Stormy Sky
Dies: MFT - A2 Rectangle Stax Set 1 #11, A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax Set 2 #8
Accessories: White Card; Kaisercraft DP - Mint Wishes; Tim Holtz Water Colour Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush; Zig Watercolor Brushes; Glitter

I'm submitting this card to a couple of challenges - Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - MLCCB#33 and The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#91, they both have an Anything Christmas Goes theme. I got the idea for the ice skating lady from the current challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge - C24C#31 where the theme is Snow People.



I started by using a die to cut the fir tree design paper for a mat layer and adhered it to the front of the card. Next I die cut a piece of water colour card. I stamped the image with Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I used Zig water colour brush to colour the image. I applied the water colour ink to the card and used a water brush to fill the colour. To make the sky I applied some water colour ink direct to the card and then used my water brush to spread the ink and create an ombre from dark at the top to lighter behind the tree line. Once dry, I added the greeting and embossed it with clear powder. I adhered the panel to the front of the card and then to finish it off I added lots of shimmer and sparkle. I used a clear aqua shimmer brush on the frozen lake and the hem of her skirt, and added glitter to the tree branches and along the edge of the lake. On the inside, I cut another piece of design paper for the mat layer and on the white card stamped the lovely legs image again in grey and finishing off the greeting.


This card is a bit out of my comfort zone - I don't usually do this much water colouring, but the embossed lines do make it easier for me. I'm really pleased how it turned out.

I'm taking mum to have her hair cut and styled today - here in Wales hairdressers reopened last month but I couldn't get an appointment for mum until today. She's absolutely thrilled to be having her hair done as in 'normal' times she has her hair done every five weeks!! 

That's all from me for now - see you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Very clever and beautiful Deborah.
Faith x

samantha's cards said...

What a charming Christmas card, thanks for joining us at THAIC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...