Wednesday 28 April 2021

SHC - Happy Birthdays .....

.... Good morning! I'm here with my regular weekly post for Seven Hills Crafts. Today I'm sharing a couple of birthday cards that I've made. My husband, Jonathan, and his sister, Charlotte, share the same birth date - 30 April, just seven years apart! I'll start off with the card I made for Charlotte:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Let's Party Turnabout, Tiny Tagalongs, Yay for Birthdays; Altenew - Hello Hydrangea
Inks: Gina K - Soft Stone, Wild Dandelion; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer; Memento - Gray Flannel; Versamark; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Altenew - Hello Hydrangea
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Lawn Fawn - Silver Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Color Hues - CH#16 where the colours are yellow and grey - the Pantone colours of 2021. 


I started by stamping the Let's Party turnabout background in two shades of grey, silver and silver embossing. Next, in my MISTI, I stamped the lovely hydrangea flower on white card. I removed it and coloured with Copic markers. I know that a totally yellow hydrangea like this doesn't exist in nature, but I wish it did!! I returned the coloured image to the MISTI and restamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. This is still one of my all-time favourite techniques. I used the co-ordinating die to cut out the completed flower along with two more plain white card die cuts. I layered the die cuts together to give some diemension and strength to the flower and adhered it to the front of the card. I finished the front by stamping a simple birthday greeting in black ink. On the inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the note card. I stamped another birthday greeting, this time overlapping the words. I added some little flowers to decorate the inside, edged the card with a yellow marker and adhered it. All done!


While I had the Let's Party turnabout in the MISTI I made another background using shades of blue, green and teal for Jonathan's birthday card:



Stamps: Concord & 9th - Let's Party Turnabout, Oh Snap!, All the Birthdays; Altenew - Birthday Builder
Inks: Gina K - Key Lime, Powder Blue, Ocean Mist, Jelly Bean Green; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Memento - Grey Flannel
Dies: Concord & 9th - Oh Snap!
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#25 - the Let's Party stamp is quite new, but I've had the Oh Snap! set for a while - it's the first time I've used them both!


After stamping the background, I turned to the focal image. Jonathan loves to take photos. While he doesn't use a Polaroid camera anymore, I'm sure he did once upon a time! I had to find some photos of these old polaroid cameras to work out how to colour it. I was very happy to see that they had a rainbow on them, so I added that to my completed camera. I used the matching die to cut out the camera and also the little slit where the photo comes out. I stamped the photo image on white card, used the die to cut it out and then added a birthday message in the centre along with a little 'pull here' message on the photo tab. Once assembled, I used dimensional tape to (a) hold the photo in place and (b) adhere it to the front of the card. Inside, I cut a piece of white card onto which I stamped a birthday greeting and decorated with photos stamped in various colours.


I think that they will both like their cards. Charlotte is celebrating her 50th, and Jonathan will be 57 years old (my toy boy!). I am going to make a special fruit birthday cake for Jonathan - his favourite.

That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Karen said...

A yellow hydrangea would be a great addition to my garden! It's one of my favorite flowers. Yours is colored beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

cm said...

Swooning over your gorgeous yellow hydrangea card; I'm sure your SIL loves it, as do I! Thrilled to see you in the Colour Hues gallery with this work of art!
Your camera card is equally as awesome. I have that C & 9th set and have yet to use it. You've sparked inspiration for me to do so!
hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...