Saturday 18 August 2018

Uniko - Framed Florals and Big & Bold Hello ....

.... Good morning! I'm here today with the last of the Uniko introduction posts. Today the Bev and the design team are introducing Framed Florals and BIG & BOLD Hello, the latest addition to the Big and Bold series. Both sets are just fabulous. I'm going to start with my card showcasing Framed Florals:

Beautiful - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Framed Florals, Beautiful, Originally Organic Additions
Inks: Versamark; Gina K - Black Onyx; Stampin' Up! - Pool Party
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Grapefruit Grove, Silver Embossing Powder, Copics; Nuvo - Clear Shimmer Brush


I used my MISTI to stamp the image on white card, coloured it with Copic markers, repositioned it in the MISTI and stamped the image again with Versamark and heat embossed with silver powder. I cut the panel to leave a small white frame and then layered the whole image on dark peach card. I attached the panel towards the top left of the card and then stamped the sentiment. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of peach card and added a greeting to the white panel, along with a few little flowers. I'm submitting this card to Colour Throwdown - CTD#506 as I used their colours for the card.

Beautiful inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBeautiful sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

My next card is much brighter and much bolder and features the large hello stamp:

Hello - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Big & Bold Hello
Inks: Ranger - Alcohol-Lift Ink; Ranger Alcohol Inks - Crimson, Sunshine Yellow, Limeade, Flamingo; Gina K - Black Onyx; SU - Grapefruit Grove
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Dotted Rectangles #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Concord & 9th - Summer Glitter Paper Green; SU Card - Grapefruit Grove; Yupo Paper


At the end of July, I created a number alcohol inked yupo pages. I decided to use one of this card and make use of the new Alcohol-Lift ink pad. I simply die cut a panel from the yupo sheet (you need to run this through the machine several times to make sure you get a good cut). I put the panel into the MISTI, inked up the large hello stamp with the lift ink and stamped. I removed the alcohol inked panel, put in some white card and stamped off the lifted image - check back tomorrow to see cards with the image. I repeated the process to make sure the alcohol ink was sufficiently removed to reveal the word. I layered the panel on some green glitter paper and adhered it to the front of the card. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of peach card and on the white panel added a message and little flower. I'm submitting this card to Time Out Challenge - TOC#116 and to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#08.

Hello inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHello sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's the end of our introduction posts. Tomorrow is release day and we'll be showcasing all the new stamp sets. You will also be able to purchase the stamps from Bev's shop. That's all for now. See you again soon.

signature

14 comments:

Julie B said...

The silver embossing works so well with those colours Deborah. :)

Beverley said...

LOVE the Framed Florals stamped in silver & the coral and aqua colours compliment it beautifully. Such an eye catching design. Your alcohol inked BG is wonderfully vibrant & what a cool technique. FAB showcase of these Uniko stamp sets, thank you. Hugs Bev x

Izzy Scrap said...

Again two gorgeous cards and very opposite ! One very CAS with soft colours and the other one with very bright colours all over the card ! Very interesting too the technique with the alcohol inks, never tried that ! Hugs x

cm said...

A dazzling duo, Deborah! The silver/coral and pop of aqua is lovely; the bursts of colour Hello, simply dazzling! I have three alcohol inks and Yupo paper awaiting my attention; you've certainly inspired me to do so!
hugs~c

Jane said...

Well I thought the first card was gorgeous, but I’m totally impressed with the second. The background is just awesome and then the lift off ink effect on top is just so awesome. Rocked these sets Deborah!

Lynn said...

Wow! Your cards are so different and both so stunning! I love the silver embossing with the touch of coloring and the alcohol ink is absolutely amazing.

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Linda said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the silver embossing on the Framed Floral and the pop of colour looks fab. Great colours on the second design, so bold and bright xx

PerkyHobby said...

Ohh both of your cards are so gorgeous Deborah. Alhocohol ink liftting is stunning. 😍❤️👌

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LURVE those colours, the cards are stunning and so different.
Faith
x

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Fabulous card! Marisela Delgado mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

luvhymns said...

I love how you embossed the flowers with silver and then gave them a pop of orange. The alcohol inks really make that hello delicious!

cghundley said...

Awesome cards and
I love the embossing
and colors on the
first card.
Carla from Utah

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Both gorgeous cards. That alcohol ink background is stunning. I have yet to try them, but I have what I need to give it a go. You have inspited me with your wonderful creation. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Time Out!

Marianne said...

Love how you've created 3 cards with a totally different look and feel using the same colour combo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...