Saturday 24 February 2018

Uniko - Spring Botanicals Daffodil ...

.... Hello again! Day two of our Uniko Introductions. Today we showcasing the new Spring Botanicals Daffodil. I got carried away and actually made two cards and both are on their way to my aunts in Wales - you'll see why now:

Happy St David's Day - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Spring Botanicals Daffodil
Inks: Gina K - Red Velvet, Grass Green; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Papermania DP - Lemon Sorbet, INspirations Cool Tones; Copics; Nuvo - Aqua Shimmer Brush; Uniko Stencil


I'm so pleased that Bev included the St David's Day words in this set - I normally have to do them on the computer. I stamped the daffodil on white card, cut it out with the Scan'N'Cut and then paper pieced the flower and leaves. I used some design paper that has been in my stash for a while!! 😉 I added some subtle design to the background - a quick peek at one of the new stencils. I finished the front by stamping the greeting in the colours of the Welsh flag. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of design paper and on the white panel added a greeting and another daffodil which I coloured with Copics.

Happy St David's Day inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy St David's Day sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

As I've paper pieced the daffodil, I'm submitting the card to The Flower Challenge - TFC#17. Here's a close-up look at the flower:



My next card is much bolder and more graphic:

St David's Day 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Spring Botanicals Daffodil
Inks: Versamark; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Black; Welsh Flag (from Internet); Copics; Nuvo - Aqua Shimmer Brush; White Embossing Powder

I made the card from black card as I wanted the Welsh flag and the daffodil to really stand out. I found the flag on the Internet, printed it on white card and then coloured over the image with Copic markers. I added some sparkle to the dragon's wings and belly. I stamped the daffodil on white card, cut it out with the Scan'N'Cut and coloured it with Copic markers. I kept the colouring really simple with bold yellow petals and a more orangy yellow trumpet. I added sparkle to the daffodil's trumpet. On the inside, I stamped a greeting on the white panel and added another daffodil.

St David's Day 2 inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSt David's Day 2 sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit the Uniko blog to see more inspiration with this pretty daffodil stamp set. See you again tomorrow for more introductions. Bye for now.

signature

16 comments:

Julie B said...

Great PP on your first card and the second card is so striking Deborah, but just the thing for St David's Day!:)

Viv said...

Super cards here Deborah! love the daffodil paper pieced one esp., reminds me Spring is on it's way...albiet slowly lol. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

cm said...

Whether soft and delicate or bold and vibrant, your daffodils are sensational! Talk about a diversity of techniques to showcase this lovely bloom. Scan and Cut you say...I'm intrigued. Is it easy to use? I so love my dies/Big Shot, but there are times when such a device would come in handy...
Hugs~carol

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 fun and clever st David's cards Debs and I love how different they are. The first one so gentle and delicate with the subtle paper piecing and the red hot vibrant and bold colours on the second. Well thought out and 2 great cards. Hope your aunts love them. x

Jane said...

Wonderful showcase Deborah! Hadn’t even noticed the St David’s day greeting, so well done for highlighting it on both your cards.

Sue D said...

Wonderful and creative daffodil cards. I like the paper piecing.

Carole said...

Two very different cards that both show the versatility of this stamp set. great techniques.

cghundley said...

Fabulous work on both
cards. Love the second
one with the bold colors.
Carla from Utah

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AH! makes me homesick even though I'm sitting here in Wales LOL. FABULOUS St David's Day cards, I know your Aunts will be thrilled with them. LOVE how you have done the daffodil, clever you. Love you have done the flag on the second card.
Super cards.
Faith
x

Izzy Scrap said...

Fabulous cards to showcase not only this gorgeous stamp set but also the St David's day ! I didn't know about this feast and when I received the stamp I had to check why there was such a sentiment in the set ! But thanks to you it is even clearer ! So I will think of you and your beautiful cards next Thursday ! Hugs x

KandA said...

Super cards and the second is very striking with the St David's day dragon xx

Linda said...

These look amazing Deborah .... perfect for spring xx

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful daffodil cards!

Iris said...

Love the daffodil.

Beverley said...

Another stunning showcase and I love how you have paired the daffodil with the Welsh Dragon. This brings back so many wonderful and cherished memories of holidays in Wales every Summer with my Mum :)
You really know how to showcase Uniko to the perfect max! Hugs Bev x

Lindsey said...

Fabulous celebratory St David's Day cards x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...