Thursday 15 February 2018

Uniko - DT Inspiration - Paper Piecing ...

... Hello again! I'll bet this comes as a bit of a surprise - two days in a row!!! I'm sharing some fun cards made using the paper piecing technique, details can be found over at Uniko.

My first card is for The Flower Challenge - TFC#17, which is where I got the idea to make cards with the paper piecing technique:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Pure Florals Cosmos, Happy Succulents
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Passionate Pink
Dies: Die-namics - Stitched Fishtail Flags Stax #1
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Fly Free; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Aqua shimmer brush


On the inside, I cut a mat layer of pink design paper and on the white panel, I added a greeting and some more flowers. I'm also submitting this to CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#258.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Next, I have a card for our son - he moved house recently and we wanted to send him something to wish him well:

New Home - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Home Sweet Home
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Aged Mahogany
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Attitude!; Copics; Nuvo - Aqua shimmer brush


I had fun making this cute little house. I like the grungy effect on the design papers. I added a touch of colour to the curtains and the front door. On the inside, I used some design paper for a mat layer and finished the message. I'm submitting this to Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#279 where they want to see clean and simple cards.

New Home inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsNew Home sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm making a start on my Easter cards and have a cute little one to share here:

Happy Easter - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Stamps: Uniko - Some Bunny, Happy Succulents
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Dusty Pink, Kraft; Distress - Cracked Pistachio
Dies: Die-namics - Stitched Fishtail Flags Stax #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - All That Glitters; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Aqua shimmer brush


I used the sketch from MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - MFTWSC#372 for the layout of this card. I used the Stitched Fishtail die to cut the white panel, I simply cut off the fishtail as I only wanted the stitched edges. On the inside, I the leftover bit of green design paper for the mat layer and on the white panel I stamped the bunny.

Happy EAster inside- photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy EAster sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Finally, I have two more cards for my Christmas stash. One has a contemporary feel and the other is more traditional, but they use the same poinsettia flower stamp:



Stamps: Uniko - Pure Florals Poinsettia, Most Wonderful
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Cherry Red, Kraft
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Home for Christmas; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Aqua shimmer brush


I'm submitting the top gold and neutral card to Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#324, although I have turned the sketch to make a landscape style card. Here's the inside of each card:




That's all for now - see you again soon.

signature

11 comments:

Marianne said...

Love these. I really need to use this technique more often.

Viv said...

So many gorgeous cards here Deborah! esp. love the one you made for us over at 'The Flower Challenge'.Great paper piecing,such beautiful flowers and the inside is just as lovely too.Thank you for sharing with us and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Aileen said...

Wow have you been busy, so many wonderful cards. Love the beautiful card you have done for our challenge, nothing like a row of perfect pink flowers. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

Ina G said...

Love paper piecing and you have done a fabulous job on your Congratulations card for your son. Sper cas card Deborah. Thanks for sharin with us at ATSM for our CAS Challenge.
Loved checking out all your other creations.

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards!

Chrissy Larson said...

So many fun cards!

Teresa Kline said...

these are all pretty, luv your style! I am so glad you played along with us at
freshly made sketches!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Julie B said...

Fab paper piecing Deborah, it gives a CAS card extra interest.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Debs you have a Fabulous selection of Great cards, love the different techniques you used.
Faith
x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Awesome collection of cards Deborah, the one with the Paper Piecing is fabulous. Love the beautiful pattern papers you used for your flowers.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.

Karren said...

Fabulous collection of cards! Such a clever way to use our sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...