Wednesday 30 August 2017

TMR - Colours .....

.... Hello! Sorry I've been missing for a while - life getting in the way of my crafting :) However, I'm here with you today - a bit earlier than the rest of the team - with my card for our new challenge over at The Male Room - TMR#68. For the next couple of weeks we want you to use SCHOOL COLOURS on your masculine projects. You can pick any school - elementary, nursery, high school, college or university. Here's my take on the challenge:

Good Luck - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Concord & 9th - Turnabout Triangles; MFT - DC Coupon Book Love; Dare 2B Artzy - Graduation, Northville Mustangs
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie, Peekaboo Peach; Gina K - Black Onyx
Dies: Concord & 9th - Lucky
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie; Smoky Vellum; Enamel Dots


Kat goes back to high school next week, so I've made a good luck card for her using the school's colours of ORANGE and BLACK. I added in a softer orange and pale grey too. I know this card is for Kat, but it would work for a guy too. I'm submitting this card to Cupcake Inspiration Challenge - CIC#420 where the theme is Back to School.

I've used some new stamps from Concord & 9th - I can't think how I missed this company, but I really like their products! If you want to see how to use this stamp check out this post and video by Jennifer MacGuire. I die cut the word "lucky" from black and orange card and cut off the y, so it would work for my sentiment. I adhered the thin orange word onto the black mat layer and then attached them both to a piece of smoky vellum. Then I stamped the word good above it. I attached the vellum to the card by putting glossy accents on the back of the word and behind the enamel dots. I cut a piece of black card slightly smaller than the base and layered on the stamped panel. On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white card added a greeting and the school logo.

Good Luck inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsGood Luck sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit The Male Room blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the team. You've got plenty of time to join in the fun - deadline for submission is midnight BST (7.00pm EDT) on Tuesday 12th September.

I've got another post for you in about half an hour - a sneak peek - do come back and check it out.

signature

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SUPER colours and design, I agree it would be good for either a girl or boy, I LOVE the geometric background.
Faith
x

Rocky said...

I love how those colours look through the vellum, great card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...