Sunday 22 January 2017

Uniko - Friend You're Sweet .....

.... Good morning! I'm running late with my DT card for our new challenge at Uniko - Anything Goes with the option of Love, so I'm combining my card with my Uniko DT Inspiration post. Here's a quick peak of the card:


I'm submitting this card to acouple of challenges. I've used the colours from this week's CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#206 and over at CASology - CAS#232 the cue word is CUT. I have used several die cuts here to create the hidden word. I had such fun with this technique.

Friend You're Sweet - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Beautiful Blooms 1, Pure Floral Cosmos
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Island Indigo, Flirty Flamingo, Watermelon Wonder
Dies: Winnie & Walter - Friend Cutaway
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Flirty Flamingo


Details of how I made this card can be found over at Uniko today along with step-by-step photos of the process. Here's a look at the inside of the card:

Friend You're Sweet inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsFriend You're Sweet sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

No more card-making for me today! Instead Jonathan and I are off to our other passion - photography. Have a fun day!


Edited to add: that I'm also playing along with Darnell's wonderful - NBUS#9 Challenge. This is where Darnell gets us to use stuff from our stash that has never been used before - well, this was the first outing for the die! And, as luck would have it, I also used the hidden word technique on this card which is one of the options that Darnell suggest we try!

signature

14 comments:

Lindsey said...

Fabulous card Deb! The flower are perfectly masked and stamped. Love your explanation too on the Uniko website x

karen h said...

Perfect card, Deborah! I love the composition (wonderful masking!) and the sentiment technique! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Emily E said...

Wow this is so creative and clever and so very pretty! Thanks for joining in at CC&S this week!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous use of those colours, Deborah - I admit they had me stumped! Those flower images are beautiful and I love the popped up sentiment! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

These flowers look magical in these colours, and your popped up sentiment looks so comfortable, nestled in among those petals! Such a pretty card, inside and out! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Deborah!

Fiona Whitten said...

Fabulous card, love this hidden word technique. Thanks for joining us for this week's CC&S challenge.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love your hidden die cut word! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week, Deborah!

Patricia Hays said...

The flower really camouflages the word! What a fun way to interpret the "cut" challenge. You've made terrific use of our CC&S challenge colors - thanks so much for joining us this past week!

Beverley said...

LOVE this Deborah! The use of Beautiful Blooms I with the technique and challenge colours is FABulous. A wonderful showcase and thanks for joining in at CC&S too. Hugs Bev x

Darnell said...

Oh, my goodness, Deborah, I feel like my world just tilted and I found my long-lost twin! I was just over at Bev's to comment on her NBUS entry and she referred to the option I presented and also referred to you, so I clicked on the link. I couldn't believe that we both were inspired to do the hidden word technique and posted on practically the same day! Great minds! I absolutely love your card!! And thank you so much for doing the how-to!! Hugs, Darnell

Cheryl W said...

Fantastic card! Those blooms are really something!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Hi Deborah! I love your card so much that I CASED it over at the NBUS Challenge! I saw it on the Uniko blog. It wasn't until after I linked up my card that I was scrolling through all the other gorgeous entries and I saw THIS card again! Amazing! Thanks for giving me some great inspiration!

Shell said...

What a lovely card Deborah... love that hidden word technique and you've done it super well!

BożenA said...

Great card. I love how the word was hidden. Beautiful inspiration

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...