Tuesday 24 January 2017

Art Journal Index ....

.... Hi! I've had another fun day working on my Joggles Art Journal Adventure. Yesterday I shared the cover for the 2017 journal and today I've made an index for the journal.

Index - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Supplies:
Archival Ink - Jet Black
Dylusions Paints - Lemon Zest, Fresh Lime, Dirty Martini, Black Marble
Dylusions Stamps - Further Around the Edge
Stampin' Up! - Layered Letters Alphabet
Joggles Stencil - Starlight
Dylusions Stencils - Holes (lg), Stars (sm)
Pitt Pens
Signo - White Pen
Rooster image from Internet

The January challenge at the Facebook Dylusions Challenge is to use Lemon and Lime - Dots and Dashes - so I decided to use that as the main inspiration for the spread. I used baby wipes to apply the paint to the page - I just love how quickly this paint dries. Next I added some depth by lightly stencilling on some patterns. I used the Joggles starlight stencil to carry the design from the cover, and added some Dylusions bubbles and smaller stars. I added a dot-dash border around the edge of the spread. Then I stamped the word INDEX in black archival ink, added some white dots for fun and then drew the lines on the page. I added a few dot and dash extras too. I finished the page by adding a smaller rooster to match the one on the cover page.  Here are a couple of close-up photos of the index pages:



I'm going to submit this spread to Love to Craft Challenge - LTCC#6 where the theme is Anything Goes. That's all for now! It's time to make a start on dinner!

signature

3 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, what a gorgeous creative project, Deborah. Beautiful stamping and painting and I like how you added the white highlights. (Addicted to Stamps and More is Anything Goes this week.)

craftysahmiam said...

Another great spread (and that colorful rooster again!) for your art journal. Thanks for sharing it with us at Love To Craft Challenge

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful index, love the rooster! Thank you for joining us at Love To Craft Challenge Blog!
~DT Sherry x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...