Saturday 7 May 2016

52CCT - Sketch .....

.... Morning! I can't quite believe that it's already May, this year seems to be going by so quickly. It might be because we've been so busy. Anyway, it does mean that it's time for our new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT18-16. This month our host is Fabiola and she has a wonderful sketch for us this week. Here's my take:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Endless Wishes
Inks: SU - Pool Party, Island Indigo; Memento - Grey Flannel
Dies: Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Layers Stax #1, Zig-Zag Stitched Rectangles Stax #5, Zig-Zag Stitched Ovals Stax #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Winter Frost; Sequins


I covered the card with some snowflake design paper. I cut a panel of white card with a fancy edge die and then cut out an oval in the centre with a matching die. I stamped some snowflakes and a greeting on the oval panel and adhered it flat to the card. I turned the rectangle into a shaker by adding some acetate over the oval opening. I added some sequins to the inside, attached the cover and it's done! On the inside I cut another piece of design paper and on the white panel added a few more snowflakes and a simple greeting.  I'm submitting this card to AAA Cards - AAA#63 where the team want a CAS shaker card. I'm beginning to think that this might not be CAS enough, but I'm submitting anyway!

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration cards from the rest of the team. You've got plenty of time to play along with us, deadline for submission is midnight (BST) Friday 13th May (7.00pm EDT). That's all for now!

signature

6 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

I do love a pretty shaker........card that is! Beautiful Deb :-)

Jane said...

What a pretty Christmas shaker. Love the pastel colours and how you've kept it CAS with the plain white shaker mat. Thanks for linking up at AAA Cards.

AlisonC said...

A lovely idea for a shaker card. The sequins look so pretty. I've never tried one, I'll have a go one day.

Fabiola said...

Quelle jolie idée Deborah d'avoir utilisé ce sketch pour une shaker card, j'adore ton interprétation, biz

Lucinda said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love how the centre looks like it's a continuation of the background paper. Such lovely colours. I've never done a shaker card, but they are so christmassy. Might have to dip a toe!

Jacqueline said...

This is such a lovely card - very pretty - Jacqueline xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...