Saturday 14 May 2016

52CCT - Colours ...

.... Morning! It's time for our new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and this week it's our colour challenge. Fabiola has picked super colours for us to play with - BLUE, GREY AND KRAFT. Here's my card:

It's Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Frame It, Festive Foliage
Inks: Memento - Grey Flannel; Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Squares #3; Spellbinders - Squares Lg (S4-126) #7
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Silver Bells; SU Card - Crumb Cake; Glitter


You might be experiencing a case of deja-vu looking at this card! I CASEd my own card from April, when I made pink and grey ornament card. I cut a mat of kraft card slightly smaller then the card and layered on the design paper. I die cut a square of kraft card and a smaller square in white. I stamped on the fir tree branches and a greeting and finished by adding some baubles that I'd cut from a sheet of design paper. Before adhering this panel I added glitter to the base layer. On the inside I cut another mat of design paper and finished with a simple panel. I'm submitting this card to the current challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#193 where the theme is HOLIDAYS.

It's Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration with these super colours, do visit our blog to see more from the rest of the Design Team. You've got plenty of time to play along - deadline for submission is midnight Friday 20th May (7.00pm EDT).

Before I go - here are both my cards side by side. I think I might make a teal one too.


And that's all for today folks - see you tomorrow!

signature

10 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Bbeatiful cards Deb. Love the pretty pinks and blues😊

Jacqueline said...

This is gorgeous Deborah - you've made those colours work so well together - Jacqueline xx

Aileen said...

Wow amazing looking card, love your colour choices, love the pink one too.

Melissa L. said...

Lovely, Deborah. So very pretty. Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

Lilian said...

Beautiful!!!
Thank you for joining us at ATSM! Hope to see you in the newest challenge!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Sue Lelli said...

This Christmas card is just STUNNING! LOVE the colors and glitter!

Peanut said...

What a magical project, Deborah! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Fabiola said...

superbe carte Deborah, très élégante, biz

Patricia Hays said...

Deborah, your card is gorgeous! I like your clever idea of cutting the ornaments from the designer paper and using them in your own way. Remember my mailing address come December, ok? ;)

LauraJane:) said...

SO lovely!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...