Monday 5 October 2015

AC - 31 Days of Halloween ....

.... Morning!  Today I'm hosting the 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop over at Airless Chambers.  I've made a Halloween card - well I need quite a few for my stash and this is the perfect opportunity to make them!  Here's my card:

Happy Halloween - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Mean Green 2015; Waltzingmouse - Spooky Tree Background, Say It Loud Winter Holiday, Hocus Pocus
Inks: Distress - Hickory Smoke, Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - London Fog
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Elegant Eggplant; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Wink of Stella - Clear; Glossy Accents


I decided to have a monster on today's card and this digi is just brilliant.  Reminds me a bit of Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors.  I printed the image on white card, coloured it with Copic markers, cut it out with a scalpel and added Glossy Accents to the drops of blood!  I also covered the plant with sparkle.  I stamped the super spooky tree image directly on the card and heat embossed it with clear powder.  Then I used Distress inks to create a night sky.  I made the moon by punching a 1" circle and adhering it after I'd done a light cover of blue.  I finished the front with a simple greeting.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of purple card and added some decoration and a greeting to the white panel.  As there's a monster on this card I'm playing along with this week's Left of Centre - LOC#98 challenge and the theme at The Paper Players - PP#265 is Halloween.

Happy Halloween inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Halloween sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more super Halloween images, check out Rick's Zibbet shop.  Bye for now!

signature

6 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

EEEK! So fun! Great coloring and fab background. Better feed him. He looks mighty hungry. xxD

Lady B said...

Fabulous make!

stampwithsandy said...

Eek! What a scary Halloween card! Great background, too. So glad you joined us this week at The Paper Players, Deborah!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a beautiful night sky Deborah! As for the monster plant - definitely one of a kind! Thanks for joining in my Halloween challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

stampwithamyk said...

Cool card! Love the background. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love Mean Green and the super background! Thanks for sharing with LOC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...