Tuesday 25 August 2015

Autumn Leaves ....

.... are falling!  Well, not quite yet!!  Although it does feel distinctly autumnal here in Northville today. It's only 19°C (that's 66°F for my American friends) which is considered nice and warm in the UK, but not so much here.  So as it's getting towards that time of year, here's my first Thanksgiving/Autumn themed card of the year:

Thanks - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Gently Falling, Seasonally Scattered
Inks: SU - Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Marina Mist; SU Card - Marina Mist; Martha Stewart Border Punch - Leaves; String


 I've used three challenges making this card:
I cut a panel of blue design paper and adhered it flat to the card.  I cut the white panel slightly smaller and punched the bottom edge with falling leaves.  I then stamped leaves randomly over the panel.  I used the rock and roll technique to add different colours to the edge of the leaves and also used the second and third impressions to give lighter leaves.  I wrapped some string around the panel and used dimensional tape to adhere it to the card.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of blue card and stamped a bold sentiment on the white panel.

Thanks inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

My desk is right by the window, which is super on a bright sunny day, but I've just looked out to see that it's finally started raining.  It's not heavy but it is dull.  However, the plus side is that I don't feel like going out, so I might just head back into my craft room and play some more.  Of course, I could do the ironing - NO!!!  That way lies madness :)

signature

4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Patricia Hays said...

Using the rock-and-roll technique on the leaves was a super idea - it looks terrific! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CC&S! :)

Jane said...

The CC&S colours look fabulous on your Autumn themed card. Love those sketchy leaves tumbling down. Thanks for playing.

Nancy said...

Love the two toned leaves Deborah! Wonderful fall card! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Just Us Girls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...