It was a really fun class, where we got very inky and messy. We used polymer clay to cover the base of a wood block and applied metal leaf, mica powders, acrylic paints and lots of texture. We cut various shapes to go on top and then added decoration. The propeller in the top row is held in place by an old ruby earring!!
Here are a few photos of the work in progress:
That's all for now - got lots to do today. Take care! See you soon.
Edited to add: I've been meaning to add photos of the work done by my class mates - all absolutely beautiful.
This one was made by Paddy - I love the word embellishments she's used on her quilt.
I love the silver, blues and purple on this one made by Cindy.
This one is still a work in progress - Deborah was still finalising her design.
Carol went for a more abstract look and used circles for her all over design.
The quilt above and below were the samples that Valerie brought to class with her - she made them both.
This was a really fun class!