Wednesday 11 June 2014

TMR - Father's Day ...

.... Hi!   It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room.  I wasn't able to play along with our May challenges as my Mum was here on holiday.  However, I'm pleased to be back with this challenge - one to celebrate our Dad!  He's a special guy and worth a special card - our theme is Father's Day.  Here's my card:

Dad's Day - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Impression Obsession - Have a Seat; Stampin' Up! - Delightful Dozen; Papermania - Couch Potato
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; SU - Wild Wasabi
Dies: Spellbinders - Gold Squares One (S4-410) #1
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi; SU Card - Daffodil Delight; Copics


I've used the bold, bright colours from this week's CAS - Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#77.  I stamped the cozy armchair onto some green design paper and added some subtle shading making it a well loved chair.  I made the cushion from a small piece of yellow card that I embossed with a pattern and then rubbed turquoise ink over to bring out the design.  I stamped a very simple sentiment, adding a touch of colour with my Copic marker.  I finished off the front by adding a cup of tea and TV controller - both on the floor waiting for the chair's owner to settle down.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of the turquoise paper and stamped a fun sentiment. 

Dad's day inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspirational Father's Day cards - check out the projects from the rest of the Design Team.  This card is for my father-in-law - he's a lovely man!  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Too fun how your have the PERFECT FD image - a chair. I remember my dad sitting in his :)

karen h said...

Awesome Father's Day card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Unknown said...

This is a perfect Father's Day card Deborah!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-Colours & Sketches this week :)
Lizy xx

Jess said...

Great father's day card! Love that texture on the pillow!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Great Father's Day card! It has everything a dad needs, recliner, remote and a cool beverage! Great job :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...