Friday, 8 February 2013

Cranberry Sauce hearts ....

... Hi - I didn't expect to post again today, but I realised if I didn't, I'd miss the deadline to submit my card for this week's Retro Sketches - RS49 challenge.  I've combined the sketch challenge with the delicious colour challenge over at Waltzingmouse Stamps - WMSMMM3.  Here's my card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Text-It, Off Beat Backgrounds, Faux Fun, Pic-Nic Patterns, Nordic Winter; My Favourite Things - Lovey Dovey Sentiments
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Raspberry Ripple, Real Red; Memento - London Fog; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Hearts (S4-136) #1, Scalloped Hearts (S4-137) #1
Accessories: Cuttlebug EF - Love's in the Air; SU Card - Black, Rich Razzleberry, Raspberry Ripple, Real Red; White Lustre card and Grey card from stash



I think these colours are just fabulous and perfect for a romantic themed card.  I started off by stamping a selection of WMS patterns onto white card and cutting out little hearts.  I made coordinating mats for each heart.  Next I cut a panel of Real Red card onto which I layered a panel of white card which I embossed with these sweet love hearts.  I finished off with a bold sentiment stamped in Versafine.  A clean, simple and fun Valentine card.

Kathryn had a Snow Day today and she invited one of her friends over in the afternoon.  They spent most of the day inside, but for a mad 15 minutes they went out to play in the snow!!!  I got out my camera to capture the fun and took a few more of the area.  Here are a couple of photos taken this afternoon; if you want to see them all - click on this link.





That's all for now - it's almost time for bed.  I'm off to a craft class tomorrow - making a scrapbook page that has a shabby, vintage look - completely out of my comfort zone!!!  Should be lots of fun!

15 comments:

Julia Aston said...

A great card for your challenges Deborah - love the embossed background and all the pretty colors of your hearts! looks like a fun snow day there - we're in the middle of a blizzard in MA right now!

Chrysalis said...

Hi Deborah - lovely card and great pics - your not-so-new now life looks wonderful in the US. I hope, by the time you read this, that you had a great craft day, and look forward to seeing the results. I've got to start a scrapbook and it's taking me outside my comfort zone, too. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Valentines card Deborah love the Embossed hearts background.
THanks for sharing your snowy pics with us I can understand why you still feel in Christmas mode...it looks wonderful...
Enjoy your class

Anne

Jackie said...

I don't like cranberries but I do love your card and those wonderful snow photographs :o)
Jackie xx

Heather Jensen said...

Beautiful card Deborah! I love the sweet hearts down the center.

Fabulous photos. I am glad we got the rain from that storm and not the snow. :)

Hugs~

Darnell J Knauss said...

Deborah, this is so lovely and an absolute perfect make for this sketch!! Enjoyed your pictures of the latest beautiful snow!!

Kelly S. said...

This is such a great combo of the challenges, Deborah! I adore the little patterns you chose for the hearts! A beautiful gradient color scheme...and how sweet is the embossed background? A perfect Valentine!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous photos and an amazing card. Love all of the hearts.

Jeanne J said...

Love the action photo of the kids running in the snow! Nothing like a snow day when you're young! I love your clever hearts and all the different WM stamps you used to make them!

Marlena M. said...

This is a lovely, creative way to use the heart dies Deborah! Awww, great shot of the girls~

Carola said...

Hi Deborah

This is a very lovely card. I like the different patterns on the hearts, that's a great idea. And the embossed background with all those pretty hearts as well as the sentiment make this a wonderful Valentine card.

I also had a look at your photos, thanks for sharing them with us. With all the snow you have it looks like here in Switzerland.

Have a nice day!
Carola

Jill Norwood said...

Love your card and all of its pretty details - love the embossing!

Love the snow pictures too! I am in Seattle and my son despairs of it every snowing this year...we may have to drive up to the mountains to get our snow fix this time!

:) Jill

Super Jen said...

A lovely rainbow of hearts. I love how you used such a variety of sets to create your own patterned paper.

Vickie Z said...

Love all those images you used on your hearts!! Fab use of the sketch and colors!!

~Tammy~ said...

Looks like lots of fun was had!

Your card is fabulous both on the color and sketch challenge! Wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...