Wednesday 1 February 2012

St Luke's Challenge - Love & Lace ....

.... Can you believe it's already 1st February and time for the new St Luke's Charity Card Challenge?  Well, it is!!  The main event in February is Valentine's day, and so we've taken amour as our theme this month.  We would like you to use some lace and make a card filled with love for someone you love, or an anniversary card, or wedding card - or something else if it fits the theme of LOVE and LACE.


I decided to make a card for my Mum - it's not specifically for Valentine's day or anything particular, but just because I love her.  I used some papers that I got free with Simply Homemade - the colours and patterns are just fabulous.  I started by sponging a touch of colour to the edge of my card base.  Next I cut two pieces of paper to make the base layers.  In my stash I found this really pretty cream wavy lace and attached two pieces side by side.  I used my Spellbinders dies to cut a couple more layers; on the top layer I stamped this fabulous frame and heat embossed it with clear powder.  I wanted to send Mum some flowers that would last, and I found these lovely stamps (that have only seen ink a couple of times).  I stamped the corner flourish in brown as it gave a much softer feel than black.  I then stamped a selection of flowers onto different papers, heat embossed them and then cut them out and attached them to the card.  I finished the card off with some faux stitching.


Stamps:  Creative Expressions - Floral; Spring Stamps - free with Crafts Beautiful; Waltzingmouse - Very Vintage Labels No 10, Sweethearts
Inks: Versafine - Vintage Sepia; Memento - Rich Cocoa; Distress - Antique Linen
Spellbinders:  Labels Ten (S5-022) # 4 and 5
Accessories:  Kaisercraft Gypsy Sisters Paper free with Simply Homemade; Clear embossing powder; Lace and card from stash

For more inspirational cards with our Love and Lace theme, check out the Design Team's blogs:


Our prize this month has been donated by Sasha who was our winner in November with this wonderful snowflake card.  Not only has Sasha kindly donated the prize, but she is also joining us as our Guest Designer this month, so do visit her blog and leave a comment.  The prize?  Oh yes, Sasha has donated some fabulous stamps for February's lucky winner.  Sadly, I can't win them!!!


I'm submitting my card to a few other challenges:


Don't forget, if you can spare your card (s), then please send them to St Luke's Hospice for the next sale - full details on the blog here.

That's all for now, but I'll be back later today.  Hope you all have a super day.

15 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Deborah
Fabby card....love the lace ....Stunning card
Hugs sylvie
xxx

Tara Cardwell said...

it's just gorgeous Deborah - your Mum will love it. I do like to send a card "just because" sometimes.
Tara x

Sasha said...

Hi Deborah, your card is gorgeous, I love it and so will your lovely mum. Your colour choices are so rich and your lace finishes it off perfectly. Fab dies and stamping, too x

I've been in a pickle with my blog today. I couldn't get the text right, and it still looks odd. Trust it to be today when I had to upload my card:(

Susan Hogan said...

Wonderful card as always. Thanks for your words of congrats. Such fun isn't it!

Sue Lelli said...

This is really PRETTY, Deb! You Mum will LOVE it! The flowers are so pretty on the flowing vine and I LOVE the lace behing the label!

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a pretty card Deborah and your mum will love it. Your colour combination is lovely, greatl choice of stamps also, gorgeous card

Anne

downrightcrafty said...

a gorgeous creation and lovely use of the ribbon, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested :)

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card and lovely colours :o)
Jackie xx

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely card to make Deborah - your mum will be proud to receive it! I love the way you stamped the flourish in that softer brown and the flowers make a pretty embellishment.

Jenny said...

I Love the colours Deborah and brilliant layout :0)
What a lovely thought to send your mum a card day :0)
Jenny x

Pauline said...

This is so pretty Deborah, I love the font for the sentiment, and the beautiful colours, such a lovely card.

Lynne said...

Your card is lovely Deborah. Love the rich colours and the fabulous corner stamp.
The lace is a super finishing touch.
Lynne xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

The corner stamped in brown looks super & I love the way you've used the flower stamps. Lovely for your Mum - that font is gorgeous.
Paula (PEP)

Mynn xx said...

Okay, this is so pretty!!! LOVE this for Mother's Day--all the floral details and the lace are perfect! :)

ladyjanet_56 said...

Love this card it's so cute, great stitching, I love the DP, great image, lace & layout, thank you for joining us at OSCC. Janet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...