Friday 10 February 2012

We're moving .....

... It's all official - we are moving to Northville, Michigan in March!  We went to London on Thursday for our appointment at the US Embassy.  We were told to expect a long wait, but we were in and out in an hour!!  We should get our Passports with Visas next week.  The plan is that Jonathan goes over to America first; he's hoping for about 20th February.  Kathryn and I will join him sometime in the middle of March, after we've got our furniture packed and sent off, and after I've finished off getting our place ready for tenants!!  We will be moving into a lovely house at the beginning of April and our furniture and stuff (crafting bits) should arrive soon thereafter.

We had a super day in London - after our visit to the Embassy, we headed off to the Dr Who Experience at Olympia.  We had a fantastic time!!  Kathryn has an extremely vivid imagination - she was rather "worried" when we went through the crack in the wall!!!  The interactive experience last for about 25 minutes and that's followed by a Exhibition of Dr Who costumes, heroes and villains.  If you've got children who like Dr Who it's a really fun way to spend a day!

We left London about 6.00pm and got home just after 9.30pm - it was a long and exciting day.

Today has been really busy with the Rental Agents coming round to the house, taking photos and details to get ready to let our home out!  It will be so strange leaving this house and going to America.  But it's going to be such an adventure.

I'll be checking in tomorrow to pick up details of this week's Less is More and Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenges - I know I'm going to be very busy in the next 4 - 5 weeks, but I should get some time in the evenings to unwind and make a card or two!!  That's all for now - I'm off to bed!!  See you soon.

19 comments:

Jenny said...

Whoo hoo Deborah, that's so quick... now the hard work begins!
What an adventure you're going to have :0)
Jenny x

Yvette said...

Wow, exciting times for you all :-) Hope everything goes smoothly for you x

Sasha said...

Fabulous news, Deborah. I'm so envious, and wish we had done it when we were given the opportunity. I hope everything continues to go smoothly for you:) x

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Congratulations Deb!! What an experience for all of you! How long are you moving for?

Mynn xx said...

Moving is so hard--but we here in the USA welcome you with open arms!!! :) I hope all goes well with the move, etc. I am also incredibly jealous about you going to the Doctor Who Experience. My DH and I LOVE the Doctor, or should I say we <3 <3 him?! ;) Glad you had fun!

Jackie said...

Congratulations Deborah. As Jenny has already said, now comes the hard part, but it will soon pass and then you begin your adventure :o)
Jackie xx

Cassandra said...

My goodness Deborah, it's all happening. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Tara Cardwell said...

Don't focus on the hardwork, just focus on the adventure that follows. Room in your suitcase for 2 and a cat????
Tara x

Pauline said...

Great news Deborah! How exciting for you and Kathryn, and so lovely that you will all be together again.
I loved the Dr, Who experience, we took the kids to see it in April last year when it first opened, a fab exhibition, the costumes were my favourite, as well as the original 80's tardis!

Paula (PEP) said...

Oh my - take care with it all. I sense your excitement & hope it all goes smoothly & you settle in very quickly.
Hope the rental viewing bits go well.
Much love
Paula (PEP)

M said...

Wow, so exciting! M x

Michelle said...

Wow, Deborah, what exciting news! I can't wait to hear all about your new adventures in the USA, once everything settles down from your move. Good luck with the packing, moving, unpacking, and settling in. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. :-)

Buffy said...

Wow, it's all set.
Would you be interested in a couple of visitors next weekend?

Buf xx

Cheryl said...

How exciting!!! Hope everything is smooth sailing from here!

Susan said...

I can't even begin to imagine moving that far form "home"! I've never lived anywhere except the southern states (Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee)...what a grand adventure you'll have!!

Vicky Hayes said...

YAY! Deborah I'm thrilled to bits for you and will be following your adventures avidly! The Dr Who experience sounds fun. I remember taking my sons to a Star Wars event that sounds quite similar - they were so excited to meet Obi Wan and the others and there was a rather exciting run-in with Darth Vader I recall! Good luck with all your preparations Vx

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! I'll be anxious to hear your impressions of all the differences and similarities. Sounds like you have a lot to get done in a short amount of time! Good luck!!

JJ Bolton said...

How exciting! I wish I lived closer to Michigan:) Hope all goes well!

G Peplow said...

Sounds like a wonderful adventure Deborah, I wish you a very smooth move:0) Good Luck with it all, Gay xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...