Friday 15 July 2016

Uniko - TMR - Flowers ....

.... Hello! I can't quite believe that it's been almost two weeks since I posted anything - I'll explain later. I'm here this morning with my card for our new challenge at Uniko - USC#34. This month our theme is

FLOWERS

I finally got to play with Bev's wonderful new stamp set - Paradise - which includes a beautiful hibiscus, as well as a fabulous toucan. Over at The Male Room - TMR#39 our challenge is to use flowers and make them masculine. I'm very late with my card, but I think this works for both challenges!

Cheers - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Paradise
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Grey Flannel; Stampin' Up! - Wisteria Wonder, Crushed Curry
Dies: Winnie & Walter - Cheers Cutaway; Reverse Confetti - Coffee Cup
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Crushed Curry, Basic Black; Copics; Staedtler - Aquarell Pencils; White Flock; Clear Embossing Powder; SU Marker - Basic Grey


The layout is based on this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#245. I masked off a section at the top of the card and stamped the hibiscus flower over the bottom section in grey. I drew in three lines to define the area. As soon as I saw this set I thought of the toucan adverts for Guinness that ran in the UK, and that's the theme of my card. I stamped the toucan in Versafine onyx black and heat embossed it with clear powder. I coloured the bill and feet with watercolour pencils, and then fussy cut the bird. I made the glass of Guinness from a coffee die. I coloured it with Copic markers and added white flock for the white froth on top of the pint of Guinness. I die cut the word "cheers" from black card - works so well with the pint. I finished the front by added a coloured hibiscus flower. I think this works as a masculine card. What do you think? On the inside I cut a mat layer of yellow card and on the white panel added a birthday greeting and another toucan.

Cheers inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit Bev's blog to see more inspiration cards from the rest of the team.  As an incentive to play along, we have prizes!

  • The DT will choose a winner who will get a £15 gift voucher.
  • The DT also choose a Top 3, who will each get 100 Loyalty Reward Points added to their Uniko customer account.
  • We also do a random draw for all those who use a UNIKO stamp. This winner will get 200 Loyalty Reward Points added to their UNIKO customer account.
You've got plenty of time to play along with this month's challenge - the deadline for submission is midnight (BST) on Friday 12th August (that's 7.00pm EDT).

We got back to the States on Saturday 2nd July and I planned to get right back into crafting. However, I was a bit under the weather - nothing serious, but all my mojo got up and left! It's taken a while, but I think the mojo is back. We have been enjoying some wonderfully hot summer days which have been followed by some fairly serious thunderstorms. It's nice to be back home :)

Before I go below you'll see a couple of clips from U-Tube - they are toucan Guinness adverts; enjoy!



signature

7 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Great to see you've had chance to play with Bob Debs and WOW! You've certainly showcased him brilliantly - not sure I remember the TV ad but he definitely looks happy and a winner with his pint of Guinness! Hope you mojo heads back soon although doesn't look to be a problem from where I'm sitting. x

Jane said...

These youngsters who don't remember the TV ad make me feel so old! Fabulous take on the ad bringing it right up to date with the addition of the hibiscus flowers, genius or should I say guineius.

Lindsey said...

Love the Guinness slant! And yes, your flowers for a male card work brilliantly x

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the inspiration for your card. And nothing says masculine quite like a hibiscus, a toucan, and a pint of Guinness! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is just wonderful Deborah! Your toucan is fabulous perched on your card and the addition of the flower is perfect! thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Birgit said...

What a fabulous card! Your clever stamping has made this a perfect masculine card!

Sarn said...

Brilliant inspiration and a FAB card.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...