Saturday 17 October 2015

52CCT - Theme ....

......  Good morning!  Halfway through October already - time is flying by.  But it does bring us to our new challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  April has picked a really fun theme for us this week - THE WILD WOODS.  I had fun making my card:

Season's Tweetings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Frosty in the Meadow, Little Deer, Flurries
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black, Vintage Sepia; Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso; Distress - Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Dusty Concord, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood, Hickory Smoke
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Early Espresso; Copic Markers; Signo White Pen; Clear Embossing Powder


I had lots of fun creating my wood.  I started by stamping some of the tree trunks directly on the card using second generation impressions.  Then I stamped a couple which I embossed with clear powder.  Then I created the background using Distress inks - I went for an late evening sunset with a warm glow at the bottom of the image and the night sky starting to come in at the top.  I stamped another three trees in darker brown, heat embossed them with clear powder and cut them out.  I stamped the little deer and the bird on white card, coloured with Copic markers, cut them out and edged them with a black marker.  I adhered the extra trees and cute animals to the card.  I used a white gel pen to add some accents and some snow falling - see the snow on his nose!  I finished the front with a pun sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper and added a greeting to the white panel.

Season's Tweetings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSeason's Tweetings sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

As this card has features furry animals I'm submitting it to the current challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#331, and the sunset glow means I'm playing along with Inkspirational - INK#93 where the cue word is GLOW.

Do visit our blog to see what the rest of the team have made to inspire you.  Have fun and see you soon.

signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've used some great techniques on your card this week Deborah. I love those cute little Christmas critters. And the inside of your card is just as beautiful (as always), in fact, you inspired me to pay attention to the inside of my card this week, so a big thank you from me. Hugs, Gill xx

Sandy said...

Sweet card and love all the colors in it! Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT Sweetie

wienerhoneymooners said...

So GLAD I stopped by, look at those animals, such sweet coloring on the deer and cardinal. I need to make a cardinal card for MUSECV...That is on my list, this one is so sweet!!!!

Tanja said...

love your cute little deer - thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Hugs, Tanja

Fabiola said...

Oh Déborah! J'adore, quel amour, cette scène est trop adorable, biz

Pia Larsen said...

This is one of the cutest little deer's I've seen. And the scene you've build is wonderful with the bird and glow of sun.
Thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational Challenges. I do hope you'll join us for our next challenge as well.
Pia xx

cm said...

Your woodsy card has me smiling, Deborah! The deer and cardinal are precious, and the warm glow of the sunset is soooooo lovely! Thank you for sharing your amazing creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...