Saturday 15 August 2015

52CCT - Theme ....

... Good morning all!  We're having such wonderful warm summer weather that it's been really tough to think of Christmas cards this week, and I only finished this card late yesterday afternoon.  It's our theme challenge here at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and Julie has picked a really fun theme - you need to make your Christmas or Winter card "FOR A CHILD".  Here's my take:

Happy Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Docrafts - Forever Friends Stamp G, Forever Friends Stamp H (both discontinued)
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Memory Box - Postage Rectangular Layers (30052) # 3 and #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Pink Pirouette; Martha Stewart Glitter; Copic Markers


I used pastel colours on my card (soft pink for a little girl) so I'm submitting this card to Merry Monday - MM#168 and as there's a bit of a postal theme going on, I'm also playing along with Jingle Belles - JB:15:17.

I stamped the teddy on some white card, coloured her with Copic markers and then fussy cut her out.  I die cut the white postage stamp and then stamped the sentiment and teddy.  I adhered the coloured imaged directly on top and added some glitter to her hat.  I cut another stamp layer in pale pink and adhered both to the card base.  I've not done the inside yet - but will add a picture later.  I think this would look really sweet in pale blue too!  Edited:  I've finished the inside - fairly simple, a mat layer of pink card and another Christmas image with these cute teddies!

Happy Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Christmas Sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I do apologise for the quality of the picture inside!

Don't forget to visit the blog to see what the rest of the team have made this week.  See you soon.

signature

13 comments:

Jacqueline said...

This is such a cute card Deborah. Gorgeous colours too - Jacqueline xx

Marybeth said...

Deborah, this is a gorgeous soft and beautiful Christmas card for a child!

Jeanne J. said...

Awww! This little guy is adorable Deborah. Love the soft coloring!

Fabiola said...

elle est toute tendre et mignonne Deborah, quel amour...biz

wienerhoneymooners said...

Very sweet pastel prettys!

Tanja said...

love how you colored the sweet little bear and the postage stamp die cuts look fabulous

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love the postage stamps dies too!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Diane said...

Very cute! I like the edging!

Barbara said...

Awww... what an adorable image! Love the soft colors of the card, too!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh that little bear is way too cuuuuuuuuuuuute and you've built a lovely card to hold him! great take on all the challenges, especially our "special delivery" fun at JINGLE BELLES! <3

Patricia Hays said...

What a sweet little Christmas bear! Darling card, Deborah!

SmilynStef said...

What a cutie-pie ... love those soft colors ... so glad you joined our special delivery at jingle belles.

Paper Lily Leaf said...

So cute!! I love the gorgeous pastel pinks Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...