Saturday 29 November 2014

WMSFC - Sketch ....

...  Hi!  It's time for our new challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge - WMSFC#32 and we have a sketch for you to use.  I ended up making a couple of cards, here they are:

Noel - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Tis the Season, Yonder Star Background, Festive Foliage, Oven Fresh Gingerbread, Very Vintage Christmas, Big Bloom Poinsettia, Elf Made, Secret Santa Set, Frosty in the Meadow, Alpine Village
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Shaded Lilac, Evergreen Bough, Tumbled Glass, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn, Festive Berries, Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Sooty Black; Versmark
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! DP - Pumpkin Pie; Clear Embossing Powder; Wink of Stella - Silver; SU Punch - Hexagon


I really liked the sketch when I drew it - I have to say I wasn't too keen on it once I started working on my cards!  I made the background by stamping Yonder Star BG in Versamark, heat embossing with clear powder and then inking with Distress pads.  I then removed the embossing powder by ironing with a hot, dry iron and lots of scrap paper.  I punched lots of white hexagons and stamped simple, graphic designs in black and then inked them each in bright colours.  I used a silver Wink of Stella brush to add some sparkle to all the images and lightly edged them all with black ink.  I finished the front with a simple, bold sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in orange and stamped a Christmas greeting.

Noel inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsNoel detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

My second card is a little more clean and simple - but only a little!!

Warm Winter Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Yonder Star Background, Elf Made, Flurries, Little Deer
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Kaleidacolour - Fruit Cake; Stampin' Up! - Smoky Slate
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Smoky Slate; SU Punch - Hexagon
I didn't use nearly so many stamps on this card!  I punched the hexagons from plain white card, put temporary tape on the back to hold them in place and then stamped the Yonder Star background in these gorgeous colours.  On the card base I stamped some tree trunks and added a bird and bauble using the same colours.  I finished with a sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of grey card, stamped a flurry of snowflakes and finished with a bold sentiment.

Warm Winter Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration using our sketch - check out the blog to see what Tara and Kathy have made.  That's all for now - see you soon.

signature

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Two great takes on the sketch, lovely design.
Hugs,
Sandy

Lynn Mercurio said...

I just adore geometric designs, and these especially made me smile. What a great use of your hexagons with all the fun images included. Great job.

Unknown said...

Hi, I love both of your card designs, I especially liked the hexagons stamped with the yonder star background, great choice of colours. Loved the effect of the stamped coloured hexagons over the yonder star background. Will have to try that technique with the embossing powder. Great inspiration.
Kathy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...