Sunday 30 November 2014

TMR - Masculine Ribbon ....

....  I'm very, very late with this post for The Male Room challenge to make Ribbon masculine!  You've seen that my son and his girlfriend have been here for two weeks, well I got all my DT cards done ahead of their visit, but somehow forgot this one!!!  Silly me.

Yesterday morning, before the kids were up, I managed to get an hour in my craft room and made this card for them as a thank you for coming over to visit - it's safe to share now as they will have landed at Heathrow by now and seen the card!

It Was Fun - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit Boy, Join Us
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Denim
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #2 and #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Night of Navy; SU Burlap Ribbon; Wood embellishment (don't know who made this)

I used my favourite set for guy cards - Free Spirit Boy - I love the circles stamp and have used it often for cards for Ben.  I inked it up with Kaleidacolor ink and stamped randomly on white card.  I then cut out a large panel using the stitched rectangle die.  I attached some burlap ribbon and then adhered the panel to navy card with dimensional tape.  I stamped one of the tribal images on white card, cut it out with a smaller die and layered it onto some more navy card.  I finished the front with the fun wooden embellishment with the words "air mail" on it - seemed appropriate.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of navy and stamped a couple more tribal images and a simple sentiment.

It was fun inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration of making masculine cards with ribbon - check out our blog to see what the rest of the team have made!  There's still plenty of time to join in the fun.

My plans today include spending some time in my craft room to make a few cards, get some washing done and tidy up a bit.  Jonathan and Kathryn are off to a music concert, at least that's what Kathryn calls it.  It's a local concert in Plymouth called Megafest.  Kathryn is so excited about it as several of her favourite bands are playing - I think Jonathan will be going with his noise cancelling headphones!!!  That's it for now!  Take care.

signature

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very COOL!!

Deepti said...

Cool design :)

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

This is image is beautiful, very unique! Lovely colors, cute wooden stamp and what's not to love about burlap. I bet your son and his wife loved this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...