Saturday 21 June 2014

52CCT - Theme ....

....  Hello everyone!  It's time for our theme challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and Louise has picked Rudolf/Reindeer.  Here's my card:

Yuletide Blessings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Smoky Slate
Dies: Memory Box - Birch Trio, Deer Trio; Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Stax #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Smoky Slate; SU DP - Pink Pirouette; SU Glimmer Paper - Silver; Vellum; Gem


I've been wanting to use these Memory Box dies since I got them, but for some reason it's taken a while!!  I've gone for an elegant deer card - I really like this family group of deer.  For the colours I've taken the silver, white and pink theme from this week's Merry Monday - MM#113.  I made the card base from Smoky Slate and cut a couple of mat layers in pale pink and silver glitter.  On the white panel I randomly stamped snowflakes in a couple of shades of pink.  I die cut the birch trio in Smoky Slate and the deer in silver glitter.  I finished the front of the card with a sentiment stamped in dark pink on vellum and die cut with a fishtail flag die.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in pale pink, stamped some more snowflakes on the white panel and finished with a lovely Christmas verse.

Yuletide Blessings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

We have some wonderful inspiration cards for you made by our Design Team and by our Guest Designer, Marie of NJ Stamping Queen.  Do stop by their blogs and leave a comment - we all like comments!!

I told you yesterday that Kathryn and I were going to the cinema, well we did and we decided to see How to Train Your Dragon 2.  It's a really super film with great animation and a super story.  We both came out of the cinema smiling and feeling good!  If you've got young children, or you're just young at heart, you'll love it!  That's all for now - looking forward to seeing your creations with a deer/Rudolf theme.

signature

20 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

YOU always ROCK the Merry Monday Challenge!!! No different here, SUPER glitter deer, awesome. I am on vacation at the Oregon Coast right on the ocean and actually we saw 4 deer run in front of us on the beach.....surreal.

Sue said...

This is beautiful, Deborah. The glitter and the touches of pink are beautiful. Love the scene you've created :)

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty, I love all that glitter. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Anonymous said...

This is simply stunning Deborah, and would not be out of place on the shelf of a top high street store. Hugs, Gill x

Fabiola said...

superbe Deborah, j'aime les rennes argenté et l'effet scintillant ainsi que les flocons rose trop mignon, biz

Marieke said...

Really love you're card, so balanced out! I love the glitter's and the reindeer's.

Greetz, Marieke

Louise van Vuren said...

I have this Memory Box die too and was going to use it, glad I didn't as I doubt I could have made something as fab as this. Love those deer in silver glitter card, and the aspen tree background is perfect. Such a beautiful DT card
Louise xx

Bonnie said...

You have created a beautiful scene, Deborah! Love the addition of the vellum sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us again this week at Merry Monday!

Greta said...

Super neat card--love the glittery beauty!

Julia Aston said...

what a beautiful snowfall in your sparkling forest Deborah! a wonderful Christmas design!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

LOVING all that glitter - beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Chris Boldovici said...

Love the look of this card, really pretty! May have to try something similar....TFS

Hugs
Chris B

Bev said...

A great Xmas card, and I love the touches of pink. Bev x

Katie Melhus said...

Just gorgeous! Loving those trees and deer :) So glad you joined us this week at Merry Monday!

Peanut said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the trio of trees and deers. Great colour combo too - very elegant, Debbie.
hugs, Asha

Susan Powell said...

Beautiful card!!!

Ruth M said...

Deborah, this is gorgeous, I love the deer against the birch trees and the colours are so very pretty - especially with the sparkly silver!

A wonderful inside too, I think the verse inside is so special, what a lovely sentiment!

Have a great week! Ruth x

Mynn xx said...

TOTALLY loving all the die cuts you used on this, Deb! GORGEOUS colors and fabulous shine! HUGS! Mynn xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Yowsa Deborah -this is pure glittery fabulousness! I so want that tree die. I saw you got one of the top picks at Merry Monday. Congrats on this awesome card. Hugs D

Patricia H. said...

It's a different color combo for a wintry card, but it really looks great with all the glitter! I really like the vellum sentiment tag, too - it stands out, but it doesn't distract from the card's elegance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...