Saturday 6 April 2013

Vintage Christmas ....

... Good morning!  It's time for our new challenge at 52 {Christmas}Card Throwdown.  I am absolutely thrilled to be hosting this month's challenges.  As it's the first week of the month we have a sketch challenge and here's my take on it:


Stamps: See-D's - Traditional Christmas; Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season II
Inks: Memento - Elderberry
Dies: Spellbinders - On the Edge (S5-168)
Accessories: Stampin' Up! Card - Elegant Eggplant; Kaisercraft Design Paper - Christmas set free with Simply Cards and Papercraft; Copics - various; Cream lustre card, Gems; Lace ribbon

I really like this Christmas paper (free with a UK magazine); it has a super vintage feel and soft, subtle colours.  I layered the papers onto deep purple which coordinates nicely with the colours in the DP.  I stamped the image of Santa and his reindeer onto cream card and coloured the image with Copics (just got them and they're fab).  I decided to colour Santa's suit green as it goes better with the colours in the paper and also because Santa is often depicted with a green suit.  I finished off the front of the card with some cream lace ribbon and a few purple stars and a big purple heart.  I went for a very clean and simple look for the inside of the card, stamping the large outline stamp from Compliments of the Season II and colouring the sentiment with two shades of purple.


Here's our sketch for this week and I'm really looking forward to seeing all your creations.
 

Have a wonderful weekend and see you soon.

13 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful Christmas card Deborah, I like the image the lovely papers and the lace.
Kevin xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the way the blue/purple matting brings out the colour of your gems (perhaps it's the other way about) & the inside looks super too.
Paula (PEP)

Ruth M said...

Such a lovely traditional vintage vibe to your charming card Deborah, I can see why you love those papers! The lace is such a pretty touch! Ruth x

Louise van Vuren said...

..and you've started with a cracker! Lovely vintage feel to this card, love all the layers and the lace too.
Hope you have as much fun hosting as I did!
Louise xx

Mynn xx said...

What a beautiful card, Deb! LOVE the vintage papers and the lace trim and that image is wonderful! Fabulous coloring and a perfect start to your month as hostess! HUGS! :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous vintage Christmas card Deborah great image and fab colours

Anne

Charmaine Stack said...

Wonderful vintage goodness! Your Copics colouring makes me green as Santa's suit with envy.

Patricia H said...

You did an excellent job with the vintage look here, Deborah. That's a great Santa sleigh image! I like the postage patterned paper, too.

Pauline said...

What a great Xmas card Debiorah!

Kim Heggins said...

Ahhhh, this is just too cute! Love your design too.

sarahstone said...

What pretty paper, Deborah!!! I love it and it makes a wonderful card with your santa's sleigh image! And I love those little star jewels!!!

Danielle Vincent said...

This has an old-fashioned loveliness to it Deborah! I love Santa's sleigh it brings back wonderful memories of my childhood. Hugs d

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful card, great image.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...