Saturday 6 April 2013

Birthday card ....

......  Hi - hope you're all having a good day.  I've finally made it into my craft room and I've made a card for a few challenges:


Stamps: Hot Air Balloon (got it in a bargain bin and don't know who made it); My Favourite Things - Western Sentiments
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso; Memento - Grey Flannel
Accessories:  Cuttlebug EF - Chicken Wire; Promarkers - Ice Grey 1 - 4; SU Card - Early Espresso; Cream lustre card; Ribbon



I made this card for my father-in-law; it's his birthday next week and hopefully he'll get it on time or just a bit late!  I embossed the card base with my new Cuttlebug embossing folder and used the coordinating border folder to emboss the brown strip of card.  I made the tag from cream card and coloured it with Promarkers shading from the darkest to the lightest.  I know that a hot air balloon is not original for the cue word "UP!", but it's just perfect for this card!  I found this ribbon in my stash, cut it in half and attached it to the card with a staple.  For the inside I made a mat in brown and stamped a number of balloons around a simple greeting.

It does feel good to get back to making some cards for my favourite challenges!!


That's all for now - off to make dinner.  And then this evening we sit down to watch Dr Who - our favourite family viewing.  See you tomorrow.


10 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

Cool manly card! I like the EF with matching border.

Darnell said...

Wowza, Deborah, you made a wonderful card to play in all these challenges! He will love it!!

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card Deborah I love this embossing folder ( mine arrived On Friday)...the ballon goes so well with the folder and I an sure your FIL will love it...

Anne

Pauline said...

Fab card Deborah, I got the same EF set on Thursday last week when I went shopping with Sue!
I have set our planner to record Dr Who while we are away, so I'm just hoping it works! We will have the first 3 episodes to catch up on when we return on the 15th!

PapierGirl said...

Wonderful masculine card Deborah - I really like that embossing folder! I'm sure your FIL will cherish it! :)

Ardyth said...

Great vintage image and it works perfectly in this masculine card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah your balloon is amazing and that chicken wire embossing--fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing this week at CASology!

Jen W. said...

Fabulous take on all three challenges, Deborah! I love that striped ribbon and the great embossed touches. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Unknown said...

Great masculine card! I love how you combined all the challenges and that chicken wire embossing folders is so fun! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Rachel said...

This is great! I adore that embossing folder :-) Thanks for joining us this week at the Play Date Cafe!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...