Thursday 27 January 2011

Butterfly wings ...

... texture and shades of white - all make up this very special card.  It's a combination of three challenges:  Mojo Monday - MOJO175 (sketch); Cooking It Up with Katie - sketch me a textured punch and Flutter by Wednesday - FBW139 white on white.



When I saw the challenge from Flutter by Wednesday I knew just what I wanted to make - an anniversary card for my husband.  We celebrate 10 years of marriage in April - yes, I know it a few months away, but I like to be prepared!!  I found the perfect layout at Mojo Monday, and over at Katie's place - the recipe is to use a sketch from another challenge, add some texture and finish with a punch.




I started off with a plain A5 pearly white blank, and added the first layer - some wonderful Stampin' Up! designer paper called Bride (sadly now discontinued) which has a gorgeous flourish pattern on it.  I found a lovely Cuttlebug folder called Floral Fantasy and embossed some matching pearly white card.  I mounted this piece on some white glitter paper from my stash.  The main topper was made from some white holographic card, which I cut with the Spellbinders Lotus pendant.  The butterfly has been stamped with London Fog and coloured with Promarkers, I cut it out using Spellbinders plain circles - I distressed the edge slightly with Antique Linen. 

I stamped the butterfly onto some vellum, coloured it on the back and added some glamour dust to the front.  To complete the butterfly I added some clear gems (see picture below for a detailed view).  The flower is made from a pretty hand crocheted rose (from Sue Walsh - A Consuming Passion), a couple of white feathers and a fabric flower from my stash.  I added a satin ribbon - not quite white, but the only one I have!!  Finally, the greeting comes from Waltzingmouse Stamps - Sweethearts); stamped in London Fog and cut out with Spellbinders dies. 



Stamps:  Creative Expressions - Small Giant Butterfly (HH283E);  Waltzingmouse Stamps - Sweethearts
Cuttlebug:  Floral Fantasy Embossing Folder
Spellbinders:  Lotus Pendant (S4-269), Standard Circles Lg (S4-114) die #6, Mega Ovals Lg (S5-023) die #2, Mega Classic Scalloped Ovals Lg (S5-024) die #2
Inks:  Memento - London Fog, Tuxedo Black; Distress - Antique Linen
Promarkers: Ice Grey 1, Ice Grey 3, Orchid, Bluebell, Royal Blue
Paper:  Stampin' Up! - Designer Paper Bride (discontinued)
Accessories:  Ribbon, gems, flowers and card from stash

I am absolutely delighted with this card - it turned out even better than I was hoping.  Now I have to put it away safely (and remember where I put it) until April. 

That's all for now.  I've had a great time playing this afternoon, but think that I'll have a glass of wine and read for a bit now!!  See you tomorrow.

17 comments:

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Deborah!! I love that butterfly! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Deborah, this is amazing, what a beautiful butterfly you've created and I love the DP's

Donna x

Stef H said...

oh gosh! this is absolutely gorgeous! GOR-G-US!!!!

hugs :)

Pauline said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the holographic lotus frame and the beautiful blue butterfly. Love all the beautiful backing papers too.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, I love that backing paper and the gorgeous butterfly.
Kevin xx

Donna Moore said...

You card is just breathtaking! I know your DH will love it, now keeping it hidden until April is going to be a trick!! thank you for your lovely comments when you visited earlier!
hugs
donna

Paula (PEP) said...

It's a real beauty & on the contrary I think that ribbon is better than palin white for it brings out the colours of the buttrfly. Love the raised wings & the sparkle with all the texture. We have 10 years in June! Fancy that! & I too was 50 last year....Hmmm
Paula (PEP)

Alice said...

so pretty! love the white on white background!

Basement Stamper said...

the butterfly with that shimmery paper is beautiful. Love the layout.

Harriet Skelly said...

What a beautiful anniversary card - I love your butterfly! Thanks for playing with us at Flutter By Wednesday!

Norma said...

Hi Deborah!!! What a beautiful card!!! love the butterfly and the DP!!!
Hugs,
Norma

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Deb! Love the butterfly and all the shimmer! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Stella said...

Wow wow wow...absolutely fabulous. And that butterfly; I'm speechless...such a jewel!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is just beautiful! I love all the shimmer and shine and the way that butterfly looks as though it's going to fly right of the page!

Nancy said...

Gorgeousness all around!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

Jen Shults said...

This is gorgeous! I love the white on white! Thanks for participating with us at Flutterby Wednesday!

Nancy said...

Beautiful! You and I used the same sketch for our creations. :) Your butterfly is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...