Wednesday 16 March 2022

SHC - Kids Cards

..... Morning! I'm here with my weekly post for Seven Hills Craft blog. Yesterday was my great-nephew's 10th birthday. I made a couple of cards for him - one from me and one from my mum. Here's the first card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Make Some Noise, Out of This World, All the Birthdays
Inks: Gina K - Electro Pop - Raging Red, Orange Glow, Blaring Blue, Screamin' Green, Hello Yellow; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Hero Arts - Unicorn White
Dies: C&9 - Out of This World
Accessories: White & Black Card; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Clear & Midas Aqua Shimmer Brushes

I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#36 - two new sets from Concord & 9th, and also to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#67 where it's anything goes.


I stamped the two-step birthday greeting directly onto the note card using bright neon inks. It was reasonably easy to ink the letters are they are widely spaced. The focal image is CASED directly from the packing for the dies I used. I changed the starry background by stamping the stars on black card. I could have used my colour scraps, but I was lazy and just used white card which I coloured with Copic markers and then die cut. I adhered the starry background to the card and added the rocket and planet on top. I finished the front by stamping a few bright stars. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped a bold red greeting and smaller birthday greeting in black ink, along with some more stars.


My next card uses Birthday Stacks - one of my favourite stamp and die sets:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Birthday Stacks, All the Birthdays
Inks: Gina K - Red Hot, Wild Dandelion, Tangerine Twist, Lucky Clover, Bubblegum Pink, Blue Raspberry, Black Onyx
Dies: C&9 - Birthday Stacks
Accessories: White & Black Card; Felt Pens; Nuvo - Clear & Midas Aqua Shimmer Brushes



I started by cutting three piece of white card to the following measurements: 6¾" x 4¼" for the background layer, 5⅜" x 2½" for the candle layer, and 5⅜" x 1½" for the presents layer. I also cut a black layer at 5⅜" x 3" for the celebrate layer. Concord and 9th have an excellent video on their blog to show how to attach the layers. 

I stamped the balloons directly onto the background layer and used the solid circle to quickly add colour to the balloons, and then added some strings. I stamped the candles on the next layer, added colour and used the matching die to cut out the candles. I repeated this process for the presents. For the black layer I used the 'celebrate' die and cut out the word. All the dies cut little notches either side of the main images which is where you score the card. I added ¼" sticky tape to the tabs by the score lines and trimmed off the excess card. At this point I made sure all the layers were the correct depth and trimmed away any excess card. I added some extra detail with felt pens, and some sparkle to the candle flames and all the presents. On the back of the 3D card, I added a birthday greeting. I cut another of the background layers, used the shaped die to cut the curved dotted pattern, cut off the side pieces and trimmed the panel to be slightly smaller then the actual card. I stamped a greeting and added a balloon.


I took a photo looking down on the card so that you can see the 3D effect - it's a super card as it fits inside a standard A2 (US size) envelope.


You'll be seeing more cards featuring Birthday Stacks in next week's post - I made them earlier this week as I go for my first round of chemotherapy tomorrow afternoon. I'm not too worried about the actual process, but I'm not looking forward to the after effects - I'm a rubbish patient. I decided it would be a good idea to get ahead with my cards just in case I feel awful this coming weekend!!

That's all from me today - see you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

Kathyk said...

Fab makes in your post today and thank you so much for sharing your NBUS make with us this month

Wishing you all the VERY BEST with your chemo treatments too

Kathyk
NBUS Guest DT member in March

JulieP said...

These are both so fun!!! Love the rocket design with the awesome inside details. And who doesn't love a box card? Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS Die challenge blog!

Debbie Mageed said...

Aw, what a great card for a adventure seeking boy! Love the rocket!! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

baileyrosy.com said...

Fantastic cards full of fun, happy images, and great colouring the third one looks like a lot of worth but it truly is gorgeous.

Marie

craftingwithmabel said...

Firstly, good luck with your treatment, I hope it all goes well and that you don't feel too rough afterwards.
Your cards are so lovely, the one with the candles really caught my eye, such cheerful bright colours and I love the 3d effect.
Looking forward to seeing your next cards
Karen

Darnell said...

Your great-nephew will love his out-of-this-world spaceship birthday card, Deborah! And whoever gets that awesome festive birthday stacks card will love it, too! What a cool 3D effect! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS!

I'm so sorry I missed your post at the beginning of the year letting us know that you were diligent about self-exams and discovered you had breast cancer. I hope it is a low stage and you don't have to endure the chemotherapy for too long and suffer the side effects. Thankfully, science has improved successful treatment by leaps and bounds. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and look forward to hearing the good news that you have finished treatment and are cancer-free! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...