Friday 20 July 2018

Uniko Challenge - It's more friendly with two .....

.... Hi! My second post this week - I'm on something of a roll 😄 I'm here this morning with my card for the new Uniko Challenge - USC#48. We have a super fun quote from A A Milne to inspire you

"It's so much more friendly with two." - A A Milne

How you interpret the quote is up to you, and we have an optional twist to make your card suitable for a child. I skipped the option and concentrated on friends and two. Here's my card:

Coffee & Friends - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - I Love Coffee, Birthday Sentiments
Inks: Ranger - Alcohol-Lift Ink; Gina K - Black Onyx; Versamark; Ranger Alcohol Inks - Sunshine Yellow, Crimson, Limeade, Flamingo
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Yupo; Black Card; White Embossing Powder


I created a striped background on Yupo with four shades of alcohol ink. Once dry, I used the new Alcohol-Lift ink pad to randomly stamp some flowers and coffee beans over the background - you can check out the video below to see Tim's demo. I stamped the lift-off images on some scrap white card and stamped the coffee mug label over the coffee bean images, and cut them out. I stamped the sentiment in Versamark on black card, embossed with white powder and adhered to the front of the card with dimensional pads. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel added a simple sentiment along with one of the stamped off flower images. I'm submitting this card to House of Cards - HOC#07 as I used their colours.

Coffee & Friends inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCoffee & Friends sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Don't forget to visit the Uniko blog to see more projects from the design team and also from our guest designer, Trinia P. Have fun!!



signature

10 comments:

Julie B said...

Fun take on the inspiration quote. I haven't tried the lift ink yet, something else for the wish list! :)

Linda said...

Great take on this month's challenge .... I love the bright colours. The Alcohol Ink Lift arrived in my craft room yesterday ..... guess what I'll be doing over the weekend xx

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the rainbow BG and the two cups! Fabulous card, Deb!

cm said...

A wonderful rainbow background; perfect for your duo of coffee cups! Such a clever, cheerful take on the quotation!
Hugs~carol

Jane said...

Oh what gorgeous ice lolly colours on your background. Such a fun summery feel to your card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I LOVE the vibrant colours to go with your fab coffee cups.
Faith
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

maria f. said...

And your card is definitely "friendly" with those lovely bright colors!

Rosmarie said...

Beautiful design and fruity colors Deborah!
Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards!
Hugs, Rosi

Trina P. said...

Ooh, what a fantasi background, Deborah. So bright and cheery. Can’t wait to buy that lift ink and give tat a try. x

Lindsey said...

Great multi coloured background Deb - really fabulous! X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...