Monday 29 August 2016

Art Journal page ...

.... Good afternoon from a very sunny and hot Northville!! I don't have a card to share with you today, but an art journal page instead. Kat and I went to our regular monthly meeting of the Scrappy Chic Kitchen Roll Sprayers yesterday - it was so much fun. Normally I just create backgrounds, but I was determined to produce a finished page. I took my inspiration from the Dylusions Facebook Challenge - where this month the cue is TURQUOISE, ORANGE AND BONES! Here's my page:

Bones & Flowers - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz Day of the Dead 1
Inks: Dylusions Ink Sprays - Fresh Lime, Vibrant Turquoise, Calypso Teal,Tangerine Dream, Squeezed Orange; Dylusions Paints - Tangerine Dream, London Blue; Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Black Soot
Accessories: Dylusions - Large Creative Journal; Stencils: Dylusions - Skulls; TCW - Mini Spiderweb; Stencil Girl - Peacock; Tim Holtz - Halloween Script (THS063); Black Fude Pen; Staedtler - Aquarell Pencils

I found the Dylusions Facebook Challenge last year and actually joined in for the August 2015 challenge, but for various reasons I've not played along since. So I printed off a list of all the past challenges - I'm going to catch up - and decided to start with the current challenge.

In my journal I had a page that I'd inked and ghosted last year - mostly in shades of turquoise with a splash of lime. I'd used a large Stencil Girl peacock feather for the main ghosted image, and added some skulls in blue. Yesterday I saw the new Day of the Dead stamps and decided that this image would be perfect.

I stamped her in black permanent ink on white card and coloured her with a mixutre of Staedtler Aquarell pencils and Dylusions inks. I then carefully cut her out and edged the image with a black marker. I used Tangerine Dream paint to add the words from the Halloween Script stencil. Once dry I outlined the words with a black Fude pen. I lightly spritzed some Lindy Stardust over the page - sadly you can't see the shimmer here, but it's fab! I added some more layers to the background by lightly going over a cobweb stencil with black soot ink and finished by added some more small skulls with Tangerine Dream paint. I went around the image with a black pencil which I smudged to blend into the background. I finished by adding a light dusting of black ink around the page - but you can't really see it here, so I'll add more later.

 

Bones & Flowers s- photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Above is a close up photo of the main image - you can just about see the Starburst spray here! I'm going to submit this page to the current Left of Centre Challenge - LOC#145 where the theme is Altered Images or Left of Centre. I think I've got it covered both ways!!

I had so much fun creating this page and I'm going to be doing more soon! That's all for now. See you soon.

signature

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Lovely journal page!! Loving the bright vibrant background and have a thing for day of the dead and skeletons. Lovely project. Thanks for joining us over at LOC#145 - Altered Images. Michelle DT xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...