Thursday 14 May 2015

Forget your trebles ...

.....  come on get happy, you better chase all your cares away.  You know the song and it inspired my card today:

Forget your trebles - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - I Think You're Great; CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Big Treble
Inks: SU - Cucumber Crush, Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder
Dies: Spellbinders - Wonky Rectangles (S4-306) #2 and #3; Fri-Dies - Treble Clef
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Black Mirri Card; SU Markers - Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Mint Macaron

I've used a few challenges for inspiration - CASology - CAS#146 where the cue word is MUSIC, CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#124 - love this sketch and Happy Little Stampers - HLSMayCAS where we have to use punches or dies.

I got my Stampin' Up! parcel yesterday with the new inks and card - I love this year's new colours and I had to play with them.  I stamped the petal image three times and used the wonky rectangle die to cut them out.  I spritzed the card base with the SU markers, adhered the die cut rectangles and added a fun sentiment (remember the song) and finished the front with a glossy black treble clef.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of black mirri card and added some decoration to the white panel.

Forget your Trebles - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Remember the song I mentioned at the start of this post - Be Happy?  Here are two totally different versions of the song - one by Hugh Lawrie from House MD and the other by the brilliant Judy Garland.

Hugh Lawrie:


GET HAPPY from David EvilArts on Vimeo.

Judy Garland:

I hope you've enjoyed both versions - I think my favourite is the one by Hugh Lawrie.  That's all for now.

signature

9 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE your card Deborah!! Seriously awesome sentiment and love the mix of designs, colours and splatters. Thanks for playing along at HLS.

Thanks for including the two videos. They are both so awesome! Love Hugh Lawrie! But just think of when these were filmed. Judy wouldn't have all the special effects ... and it was filmed before a live audience all done in one take with singing and dancing at the same time --- pretty amazing, if you ask me.

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah these are fabulous, I just love how you built those sentiments, so perfect for the hchallenge. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Jane said...

Fabulous card Deborah, loving those new colours! Thanks for playing at CC&S.

Skylark said...

First to enter this week Deborah. Thanks for your take on my sketch at CC&S. Great card and great to hear the song again from Judy. Not heard the Hugh Lawrie version before but then never watched House either though my kids tell me it's very funny! Love the sentiment inside the card. Stef x

Charmaine Stack said...

A fun artsy card! That song was stuck in my head from the moment I saw your title. Now that I have watched both videos it will be there all week! I miss House.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so nice to see those new SU colours arranged in this way! Beautiful card Deborah, and enjoyed the associated clips also! Thanks so much for joining in the musical fun at CASology this week!

Marybeth said...

Hi Deborah ! Great card and design.love that sentiment ! Perfect music card!

Patricia H. said...

Music has been such a big part of my life, I couldn't help but smile when I saw your card! I love the big, bold treble clef against the cheery blossoms. Great job with our CC&S sketch - thanks for playing in our challenge this week!

Unknown said...

I love these Deborah, especially the first one! Fab use of the new colours and brilliant idea with the musical note! Awesome! :)
Thanks for joining us at CAS-Colours and Sketches this week! :)
Lizy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...