Saturday 26 April 2014

52CCT - WMSFC - Stash ....

....  Hello!  Can you believe that we've reached the last Saturday in April?  This month has flown by and I've had such fun hosting the challenges at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  It's time for my last challenge - it's a stash based one.  I'm sure that you, like me, have lots of glitter in one form or another in your craft stash.  So that's your challenge - to use GLITTER on your project.  Here's my card:

Noel - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Gift Card It, Alpine Christmas
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Garden Green
Dies: Die-namics - Highrise Alphabet Uppercase
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Real Red; Green Glitter Paper




I created this card with the help of a couple of other challenges:
I used some of my stash of glitter paper to make this one.  I cut a panel of green glitter paper to create the mat layer and on the white panel I stamped this lovely leaf frame with some stylised red flowers.  I used my Die-namics alphabet to cut out the word "NOEL" and adhered it to the front of the card.  I added a few more leaves and some more realistic "poinsettia"  to decorate the word.  On the inside of the card I cut a mat of red design paper and stamped a simple sentiment in green.

Noel inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspirational ways of using glitter on your projects check out the blog to see what my team mates have created.  We are joined for the last time this month by Pat - she's been a great Guest Designer and I'd like to thank her for joining us and sharing her fab work.  Do drop by to see their work and leave some love. 

Now, before I go, I should show you how my card started off.  I kept it really clean and simple, but as I re-read the instructions on the Merry Monday challenge, I realised the word "Noel" needed to be decorated!!!!  So I quickly stamped a few flowers and leaves and created the version you see above.

Noel V1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I have to say that I'm glad I re-read the instructions - while I like the CAS version, I think the addition of the flowers make the card a little more festive.  I do hope you have fun with my challenge to use glitter on your projects and I can't wait to see what you make. 

I might not be around much over the next few weeks as I have my Mum visiting us for a month.  Her flight is due in this afternoon and I think we're going to be fairly busy catching up!  See you soon.

signature

18 comments:

Peanut said...

Christmas, CAS and tons of Glitter ... and you pulled it off beautifully, Deborah. Super fun card and I really enjoyed all of your challenges this month.Have a lovely weekend!
hugs, Asha

Pauline said...

This is lovely Deb, and I do prefer the decorated letters, so pretty.

Danielle Vincent said...

Oooohhh I love those glittery green letters Deborah. I saw that sketch and absolutely couldn't figure out what I would do with it. Nice job!!

Fabiola said...

très jolie idée Deborah, ta carte est très élégante et chic, biz

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty Deborah! I love how the roses tie in with the border! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun glittered letters!

Colleen said...

Deborah, good job with the challenge, I love how you ended up adding those leaves and roses to the word...clever and delightful!

Mynn xx said...

This is super sparkly and awesome, friend! LOVE the traditional colors and the glittery sentiment! HUGS and have a happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

Birgit said...

Love the border stamp all around and love the glitter and the flowers set Noel off perfectly

Lori Turner said...

Love this CAS design, Deborah! The glittery letters are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxoxo

Louise van Vuren said...

Great challenge idea and a fabulous card. Whilst the CAS original is beautiful I Love the decorated NOEL, those tiny flowers and leaves do make it more jolly somehow.
Have a fun month with your Mum
Louise xx

Lynn Mercurio said...

How very delightful, Deb. Love the glittery text and that brilliant way you added the frame with the little berries. Great job.

Tara Cardwell said...

I love how you decorated the Noel - good job you spotted the rules ;-) It was pretty before but it's gorgeous with the added flowers.
Tx

Carola said...

Deborah, this is a very pretty Christmas card and the flowers to decorate the word NOEL look very good. They make the whole card more festive. I also like the glittery paper.

Have a great time with your mum!

Buffy said...

Great card Debs. The little flowers are perfect.

Buffy xx

Charmaine Stack said...

Great glittery goodness here! The red accents the dark green so well. I always like it when you share the evolution of a card.

Ruth M said...

Wonderful card Deborah, I love the sparkly NOEL letters decorated with the flowers, as you say, more festive!

Thanks for a great month of challenges! Ruth x

Patricia Hays said...

The glittery green looks great paired with the darling little flowers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...