Saturday 2 March 2013

Easter MUSE ....

.... Hi - this is quite late, but I thought I'd get it posted before heading to bed.  I've got an Easter card to share with you - based on this week's Muse Challenge - MUSE6.


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Spring Baskets
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug EF - Jules Jewells; Promarkers - Mango, Peach, Soft Peach, Pear Green, Cool Aqua, Pastel Green; Copic - E21; Stampin' Up! Design Paper - Melon Mambo; White lustre card from stash



The Muse this week is Deanna Jean with her lovely floral birthday card.  I flipped the layout for my card, but kept to the colours (mostly) that Deanna used.  I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the card base.  I lightly traced, in pencil, a rectangle on the card and then, taking my courage in both hands, drew the border free hand!!  Really pleased how it turned out.  I stamped the sentiment and then embossed the panel in my Cuttlebug.  On plain white card I stamped the basket full of Easter eggs as well as several sets of flowers, colouring them all with Promarkers.  I cut them out and attached them to the card.  For the finishing touch, I stamped the little bow onto some pink design paper, cut it out and attached it to the image.  Only about six more Easter cards to go!

That's all for now - do check back later - I've got some exciting news to share with you!  It's so hard to keep a secret :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a great Easter card. Love the frame :)

Claire said...

Absolutely gorgeous Deborah - love your doodling and the image really pops against the white

Meg said...

THis is fantastic! It actually made me catch my breath when I saw it. You have done a beautiful job. Wow, wow, wow!

landerson213 said...

What a fabulous Easter take on the Muse's card! And I love that embossing! :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Ardyth said...

This is a really pretty and original take on the Muse! Bring on spring!

Debi said...

You are getting one of my Muse votes. I love the frame, fussy cutting, and sentiment on your card. Great for Easter.

Jackie said...

What a lovely bright and colourful card, brightens up the morning. I seem to have missed quite a few of your beautiful cards :o)
Jackie xx

Sue Lelli said...

Your coloring is just Splendid, Deb! FAB Easter card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...