Saturday 5 March 2016

TMR - Technique ....

... Good evening! It's been a really busy week here at Chez Frings! I've started to sort through our stuff to try and reduce what we take to the new house - it's taking much longer than I expected. We have accumulated so much stuff! Hey ho! I decided that I'd spend some time in my craft room today and I finally made my card for our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#30. I must apologise to my teamies for being so late! This week we have a technique challenge - we want you to MAKE IT MOVE. Your masculine themed project must have moving part(s). Here's my take:

Bon Voyage - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Bon Voyage; Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz - Schoolhouse
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - Brocade Blue
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Bon Voyage; Spellbinders - Circles Sm (S4-116) #5 and #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Island Indigo; Teresa Collins DP - Far & Away; Copics

I got the theme from the photo inspiration graphic at The Challenge - TC#62 - I used the map on the back wall as the inspiration. The colours are from Colour Q - cQc#331 - the shades of blue work really well for a masculine card.

I took advantage of the videos on our blog and decided to make a spinner card. I cut a mat layer of island indigo card. I cut two panels of map design paper, one was adhered to the card and I cut out a circle (as per the video instructions) from the other piece. I stamped the plane on white card, coloured it with Copics and cut it out with the matching die. I stamped the sentiment on the paper before attaching the panel with dimensional tape. I used a penny to make the spinner part of my card. Here are a couple of photos showing how the plane moves around the circle:

Bon Voyage a - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBon Voyage b - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

On the inside I cut a mat layer of island indigo and on the white panel I stamped a globe which I coloured with copics. This card is going into my stash.

Bon Voyage inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBon Voyage sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspirational projects from the rest of the team. You've got plenty of time to join the fun. That's all for now!  See you tomorrow.

signature

5 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Deborah, how FUN is this card! I love the little plane that spins around! The map background is perfect! SO happy you joined The Challenge this week! XX

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card Deborah!! I like the shading on your plane. So happy you could join us at ColourQ!

Erika said...

Wow...I thought the card was nice when I saw it in the APWP challenge, but now that I know it is interactive...I'm in love! Great job!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, how fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Deborah, love your plane! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...