Wednesday 2 December 2015

Pie chart ....

..... Hello!  I've got a really clean, simple card to share with you today - totally different to many of the cards that I'll be sharing this month :)

Anatomy of Love - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop - Anatomy of Love
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Rectangles #3 and #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Barc Wood - White Birch; SU Card - Summer Starfruit; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


This card came together after I saw the challenge over at CASology - CAS#175.  The cue word this week is PIE and my immediate thought was apple pie or mince pies!  However, I was going through my stamps and found this set from Sweet Stamp Shop which has barely seen ink (it's now discontinued).  I went off at a complete tangent.  I stamped the graph chart and pie chart on scrap card, coloured them and cut them out.  I cut a panel of wood - REAL WOOD - for the background using the largest of the dies and adhered it to the card base.  I cut another panel of white card, stamped the sentiment and adhered the images.  The graph is flat on the card, but I used gel glue for the little heart pie chart.  On the inside I cut a panel of summer starfruit for the mat layer and on the white panel I added another pie chart, some people and finished the sentiment.

Anatomy of Love sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsAnatomy of Love inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I've used the colours from Colour Q Challenge - cQc#319.  I'm really pleased how this one turned out!!

I've got a very busy day planned.  I need to sort out the Christmas card address list and get all my cards written.  I have to remember that I can't leave it to the last minute, as I often did when I lived in the UK.  If I want my family and friends in the UK to get their cards on time, I have to be prepared!!  See you soon.

signature

9 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What fun stamps and great card design Deborah!

Mac Mable said...

Ohhh this is so clever. Beautiful CAS card and such a fabulous idea x

wienerhoneymooners said...

Clever and so cute!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!!

Michelle said...

Such a sweet card Deborah! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Jen W. said...

I didn't even think of a pie chart, Deborah - you're a genius! Love your super sweet card and thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Nice thinking on this, Deborah! Very clever and very cute! Thanks so much for sharing at CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, I love your pie charts! Inside and out! So clever...and fun splashes of color yet lots of white space. Great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at CASology, Deborah!

Lisa Elton said...

Lots of pretty white space with little pops of color! Very cute Deborah!! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Darnell said...

Where most of us are stymied, you shine, Deborah! These are magnificent designs!! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...