Wednesday 14 October 2015

TMR - Theme .....

.... Good morning!  It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room and, as it's October, there really could only be one theme - HALLOWEEN.  I was going to make an art journal page, but didn't have any pages with just oranges in the background, so I decided to make a card and just channel the journal feeling.  Here's my card:

31 October - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Winnie & Walter - Moonlight; Dylusions - Mischie vous Malcolm, Day of the Heads
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Antique Linen, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Hickory Smoke; Memento - London Fog
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Tangerine Tango; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder


After my crafting weekend with Dyan Reaveley, I really wanted to make an art journal page, but I didn't have time.  So I made a large card instead.  I stamped the cobweb border in black Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  Next I stamped the scary old tree, embossed with clear powder and watercoloured it with antique linen.  I shaded the background using Distress inks and a blending tool to create an eerie orange sky.  I added the date and owl and heat embossed them with clear powder.  I stamped all the other elements on white card, coloured them with Copic markers, cut them out and edged them with a black marker.  I adhered the skull over Malcolm's face and added a witch's hat.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of orange card and added a fun greeting to the white panel.

31 October - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems31 October sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I used the colours from this week's Colour Q - cQc#312 challenge - they're perfect for a Halloween card.

I know exactly who this card is for - our son Ben.  He and his girlfriend, Sophie, are coming over to the States on Sunday for a couple of weeks' holiday.  They timed their visit to coincide with Halloween as Northville township really goes all out to decorate for the event.  There are skeleton displays all over downtown Northville and the surrounding area and on the night itself, a whole section of town is closed to cars so that the children can go trick or treating!  It's a really fun event.

Don't forget to visit our blog to see what the rest of the team have created to inspire you.  You've got two weeks to play along - deadline for submission is midnight (BST) Tuesday 27 October (that's 7.00pm EDT).  Have fun!!

signature

4 comments:

Jane said...

Halloween mayhem and perfect for a teenager. Love that ultra modern sentiment, just inspired!

Louise van Vuren said...

There's a lot of work in this card. The cobweb edge looks great. It took me a while to work out why it said 31, my first thought was a birthday number...silly me, now I get it! Fantastic card with a real arty feel
Louise xx

sue t. said...

It reminds me of the Day of the Dead, Mexico's version of Halloween. Fun card!

Monika Reeck said...

I am scarry looking at your card Deborah
But I adore how you colored the throusers and all the purple and orange colors...cool tree and cool pumpkin too great DP with Web of spider (or you stamped it) but I love this
really cool and scary Halloween card
I just join TMR again hope you have time to visit me back Deborah
big hugs
Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...