Wednesday 7 October 2015

Doodle birthday ...

....  Afternoon all!  Hope you're all having a good day.  I've been busy in my craft room this morning.  Mr Brown came yesterday with my new Christmas stash from Stampin' Up!, so I've been busy putting them in my catalogue and filing on the shelves.  And I finished up by making a quick birthday card - you can never have too many birthday cards in your stash!

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: My Favourite Things - Celebrate Big
Inks: Versamark
Dies: Die-namics - Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle Stax #5
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; SU Card - Black; Watercolour Paper; White Embossing Powder; Watercolour paints; Signo White Pen; Stencil (can't remember which brand)


I'm submitting this card to the new challenge over at City Crafter Challenge Blog - CCCB#282 where the team would like to see doodling.  And I've used the sketch from MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - MFTWSC#249.  I'm also going to submit this to Less is More - LIM#244 where the team would like to see jewel colours - there are certainly jewel colours, but I'm not sure whether it's CAS enough for them!!

Happy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I did a watercolour class with Amy Flowers last year.  I used watercolour paints with a stencil and created a piece with some lovely watercolour circles.  I added some doodled circles around the edge of each painted circle and then cut out a panel with the stitched die.  I cut a panel of black card slightly narrower than the card base, added some doodled lines in white and stamped a sentiment in Versamark which heat embossed with white powder.  I added a bit of doodling to the sentiment.  I attached the watercolour panel with dimensional tape.  I've not done the inside yet!

That's all for now - see you soon.

signature

15 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

lovely card, great jewel colours, wouldn;t it be fun to have that size as real jewels? :-D

Deepti said...

Fabulous ! Great colors and water coloring goes so perfectly with doodled circles :)

Sid said...

Great and brilliant card for LIM !

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such pretty colors, and it is fun, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

Your class really paid off! This is wonderful!! Congrats on your Spotlight award and thanks so much for playing along at CCCB again!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Your card is a perfect entry for the doodling challenge at CCCB! Love your colors and all the details. Good luck on the challenge.

Chrissie said...

Oh my!
What a jolly card this is Deborah, I love the vibrancy... super design!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Maria said...

Fab card! Love all the colorful circles!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! jewel mad and colourful Debs, Great take on the challenge and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Neets B said...

Certainly perfect for our jewel colour challenge and the colours really pop with that black frame.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Marina said...

I don't know how you managed such precision with watercolours, but it looks amazing. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

Stella said...

You sure know how to nil a theme. Wow! I love the bright colors; it's a fabulous card. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB! Good to see you again and congrats being a spotlight artist!

Daria Z. said...

This is such a fun bday card! Love the watercolored circles.

Stella said...

Deb congrats being featured as one of our spotlight artists! Woohoo! So well deserved! Enjoy!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great take on the sketch! I love those circles and the watercoloring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...