Tuesday 17 March 2015

ASM - Anything Goes ....

... Hello, good evening!  It's time for our new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More!  This week it's the ever popular ANYTHING GOES challenge - whatever takes your fancy - clean, simple, layered, shabby - anything!  Our sponsor for this week's challenge is Lawn Fawn and the winner will get one set of stamps and one 6" × 6" pad of paper - both of the winner's choice.  So I had to make a card using my Lawn Fawn stamps:

Great Chemistry - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Science of Love
Inks: Kaleidacolour - Fresh Greens; Versafine - Onyx Black, Olympia Green; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Science of Love Dies
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Limelight; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


I had such fun making this card.  I used the colour from the current Addicted to CAS challenge - ATCAS#59 where the cue word is GREEN.  I had to play along as greens/teals are my favourite colours.  I used the layout from Clean & Simple Stamping - FTL#3, they have gone back to the beginning and this is take two of the sketch.

I cut some design paper to cover the bottom third of the card - I really like this piece with lots of different patterns, shades of green and texture too.  I then stamped the chemistry glassware on white card, coloured each piece a different shade of green, cut them out with the matching die and adhered them to the card.  I added some sweet little hearts in all shades of green and finished the front with a greeting - love this one.  My degree is chemistry, so this set really appeals to the chemistry nerd in me :)  On the inside I cut a mat layer from another sheet of design paper and added a sentiment.  It's our wedding anniversary next month and I think this might be the card for Jonathan!

Great Chemistry inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsGreat Chemistry sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I really like the effect you get when using Wink of Stella - it's a subtle shimmer, but most photos don't really capture the shimmer, so I take close-ups, which are out of focus, as this seems to work.  Check out the glassware:

Great Chemistry detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The team have some fabulous inspiration cards to share with you this week.  You've got plenty of time to play along with us - have fun!!

signature

19 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh this is SUCH a fun card Deborah!! Love the green colors and the fun papers you've used with it!! :) Great take on that sketch too!! HUGS

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Hey this is super clever and love those shocking green chemicals. Sarah x

Neets B said...

What a great little themed card and I love all the shades of green too. Fab use of the papers too x

Lee-Anne said...

Great combination of elements on this fun card, Deborah! Such a great design and wonderful colors!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fun potions! I love wink of Stella, too! You captured it in your photo.

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous card, Deborah! I love the whimsical way your stamped the beakers and hearts and the papers and burlap border are the perfect touch!

Wei Wei said...

Super cute card!Deborah! You make chemical more fun and sweet! Love it.

Tanja said...

such a sweet card - I love the combination of patterned paper strips

sandie said...

That is fab card, love the texture and a relly fun set of stamps.

Julie B said...

Fab card Deborah, love the DP and the chemistry set! :)

Karen M said...

Love your cute card Deborah:) Hugs xx

Rahmat said...

Hahaa this card gave me a good chuckle, I am a chemistry fan, so I love all the different elements here.
Very nice Deborah!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card Deborah! Thanks for sharing with us over at Addicted to CAS!

cm said...

Sweet..especially considering your Chemistry connection, both in your education and with your husband! Perfect anniversary card!
Hugs~c

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful "experiment", Deborah! So glad you shared it with us at ATCAS!

Natasha said...

Love this!! Thanks for playing along!

Dana said...

Oh this is adorable! I love the green color scheme!!

Shona Chambers said...

This is fantastic and love the papers and burlap you used along the bottom of the card. Really sets the scene of a lab!!

Carol L said...

I love the fun card you made with this great LF stamp set! The border with words is perfect for this image!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...