Wednesday 18 February 2015

TMR - Create Background Paper ....

....  Good morning! It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room and for the next couple of weeks, we'd like to see your masculine style projects featuring the following technique:

MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND PAPER

Here's my project:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - Background Builders Squared, Simply Said Birthday
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, Baked Brown Sugar, Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Bermuda Bay; SU DP - Chocolate Chip


I used the colours from the current Fusion - FUSION#28 challenge - the colours work really well on a masculine themed card.  The layout is based on the sketch at this week's Retro Sketches - RS#153 challenge.  I had lots of fun creating my own background paper and I had the perfect stamps for it too!  I stamped the grid of small squares in four shades of brown covering one side of the card.  I added a strip of teal card with a narrow strip of brown striped paper.  I finished the front with three geometric square patterns and a simple birthday greeting stamped on the teal panel.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of brown striped paper and on the white panel added a greeting and some more little squares at the bottom. 

Happy Birthday Inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday Square - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This is second time I've used these lovely warm, rich colours.  I think it's because I'm fed up of the cold, cold weather - these colours make me think hot!  And yes, it is still snowing here!  And still stupid cold!  That's all for now - don't forget to check out the projects from my team mates!  See you soon.

signature

7 comments:

Louise van Vuren said...

Those are great colours and you've showcased them brilliantly in this masculine card. Clever stamping to line up all those squares. I really like this a lot, Deborah
Louise xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome stamping great job using the sketch too

Arielle H Gordon said...

Great job on this super fun card! I love those colors!

Beverley said...

Great use of the sketch and the stamp set is a perfect match for it. A FAB masculine card too. Hugs Bev x

*Vicki* said...

I really LOVE this card!! This is such a fun design and I love your layout design with the squares!!

Lyndal said...

Very cool masculine card Deborah - so glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

I Card Everyone said...

Love this card, Deborah... that Uniko square is just fabulous!
=] Michele

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...