Saturday 13 December 2014

52CCT - Pick a Previous Reminder ...

... Good morning!  I'm back this morning with a reminder about our Pick Any Previous challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  You can pick any previous colours, sketch, theme, recipe or technique - go wild.  We have a fabulous sponsor for this challenge - Deedee's Digis.  The winner of this challenge will get a super prize of $15.00 gift voucher to Deedee's shop.  So here's my card featuring one of Deedee's fun digis:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Deedee's Digis - Happy Owl-idays; Winnie & Walter - Happy Christmas
Inks: Memento - Cottage Ivy, Lady Bug
Dies: Spellbinders - Squares Lg (S4-126) #7
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Real Red; Copic Markers; Washi Tape; Glamour Dust; Basic Grey Candy Buttons




I picked a previous sketch for my card - May 2014.  I've been quite faithful to the sketch.  I think I've mentioned that I adore owls, so when I saw this set, it was easy.  I printed the owl onto white card, coloured with Copic markers, cut it out with a die and added lots of sparkle.  I edged the image with a dark green copic marker.  I used some bright washi tape for the tab, added a sentiment and three enamel dots.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of red card and on the white panel stamped a wreath and greeting.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Check out our blog to see some more inspiration cards using Deedee's Digis - they are just fabulous!
You have plenty of time to play along - deadline for submissions is Friday 19th December.  We'll be back in January with some new challenges.  Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.

signature

5 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fun card Deborah! I adore the inside too and think it would make a great card on its own! Vicky x

Fabiola said...

quel amour de créature Déborah, très coloré, joyeux et si craquant, je te souhaite de merveilleuses fêtes en famille, biz

Danielle Vincent said...

That owl is one of my favorites of Deedee's images. Such a sweet card Deborah. Merry Christmas.

Jacqueline said...

A very jolly owl indeed - gorgeous - Jacqueline xx

Anonymous said...

Aww...this is so sweet, Deborah! I love how you colored the image, and the CAS design of the card. The inner greeting coordinates so well with the woodsy owl. Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...