Tuesday 25 November 2014

Scary Easter card at ASM with Rick St Dennis ...

.... Hello all!  I'm wearing a different hat today - our sponsor at Addicted to Stamps and More! is Rick St Dennis and I have the great good fortune to be part of Rick's Elite Design Team, so that's the hat I'm wearing!  The winner of the challenge will get three of Rick's digis - there's a huge choice ranging from cute and sweet through to dark and quite scary!! The theme for our ASM challenge is Holiday - you can pick any holiday, and I had a great time going through Rick's images at Zibbet and Esty - my image made me think of Easter.

Now a quick warning, this is not a cute or sweet image, but it is fun and, I think, suitable for those with a different sense of humour :))))  Here's my card:

Happy Easter - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Evil Flesh Eating Eggs; Waltzingmouse - Spring Baskets; Stampin' Up! - Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Grey Flannel
Dies: Spellbinders - Mega Rectangles Lg (S4-142) #4, Deckled Mega Rectangles Lg (S5-014) #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Copic Markers


I absolutely love this image and got it as soon as Rick released it, but I wasn't sure how to use it.  When Kathryn saw it - she just loved it!  So I decided that it might make a fun Easter card for a teenager.  I coloured the eggs with Copic markers, cut it out with a die and layered it onto a black mat.  The hardest part was doing a greeting for the front of the card - Jonathan came up with this one!  Normally at Easter you send the kids out on an egg hunt - well this time they're hunting you!!!  I printed the sentiment on my computer using the font Civitype FG at 28 pt; I coloured the word Easter to match the middle egg.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card.  On the white panel I added a sentiment and a few images - those evil eggs have thrown the cute eggs out of the basket!!

Happy Easter inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For some more inspiration projects based on our Holiday theme - check out the blog to see what my team mates have made.  Have fun!

signature

13 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Hee hee!! What an awesome card!! :)

sandie said...

This is such a fun image and the colours you chose are so great combined together x

Kylie said...

Crazy eggs, lol!!!! I love what you did with them, Deb! Very cool xx

Deepti said...

You rock the digis :) and the eggs are such a fun image !

Julie B said...

These eggs are absolutely crazy!
I can see why a teen would love them though if they are into their gothic!

Sue said...

Very colurful and a bit scary!

Barb Ghig said...

I love your creative take on this challenge, Deborah! Such a great choice of images and fabulous coloring, too...Love it!

Wei Wei said...

What a fun Easter card! These eggs looks crazy!

Rahmat said...

What a great coloring Deborah, the eggs are eggcellent!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah. Eggs on the rampage .... like the humor. Have a lovely day! hugs Monika xxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super fun card and image Deborah
Love your amazing colouring.
Sarah x

Katie Melhus said...

These creepy guys are hilarious, how fun is this card?!

cm said...

What a fabulous card with your bright colours and those 'scary' eggs! Too much fun!
~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...