Wednesday 17 September 2014

TMR - Metal ....

...  Good morning everyone!!  It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room - we'd like you to use METAL on your project.  Here's what I made:

Dude - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Half Pint Heroes, Free Spirit Sentiments; Winnie & Walter - Bubble Talk
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - Blackberry Bliss
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Always Artichoke; Self Adhesive Metal Sheet; Cuttlebug EF - Diamond Plate; Copic Markers; SU Marker; Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Ginger, Butterscotch, Cranberry, Lime


I used a couple of challenges to make this card.  I used the sketch from the current Fusion challenge - FUSION#18 and the colours are from this week's Paper Players - PP#213.  I turned the sketch to make a landscape style card, I also used the idea of a car, but made it masculine.  I made the central panel from a self-adhesive metal sheet.  I embossed the metal and then added colour with alcohol inks (matching them as closely as possible to the Paper Players challenge colours).  I layered the panel onto a piece of green card.  I stamped the little car on white card and coloured it with Copic and Stampin' Up! markers.  I made the sentiment banner from white card, stamped the sentiment and attached it to the card with dimensional tape.  I glued the car directly to the sentiment panel.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of green card and on the white panel stamped a simple sentiment and another car.  I've also included a detail shot of the metal panel where you can really see the colours!

Dude inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Dude detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration using metal on your masculine projects - check out The Male Room blog and see what my team mates have made!  Before I go, I'd like to thank everyone for the fabulous submission for our last challenge - so many wonderful projects!!  That's all for now!

Edited:  Just realised that this is my 1,500 post!!! Blimey!

signature

12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome bg! That embossing makes it masculine~

Sue - said...

Great card. Love the way you've coloured the metal too.

Kate said...

Great card Deborah - fabulous background detail !!!

Mike said...

Love how you used the colors, Deborah. The metal technique is really cool! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

Grá O'Neill said...

Fabulous masculine card. I love the metal panel, the colours are gorgeous! Congratulations on 1500 :)

Claire Broadwater said...

Your card is so fun, Deborah! I love the metal sheet and the inking! So creative! That little car is too cute! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Desire Fourie said...

A great take on the colour inspiration and wonderful masculine design.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

wienerhoneymooners said...

Awesome, some gorgeous use of metal!!! And a wonderful combo of challenges!! Thanks for joining us at FUSION!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love the inking on the metal sheet Deborah! It looks so cool and is a great touch on a masculine card. Thank you for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :) PS: Congrats on your 1500th post, too.

Louise van Vuren said...

The metal sheet looks fantastic, Deborah. Love the embossing, one or two of us did this, but each one in a different way, cool! Sorry I'm late visiting too. Normal service will be resumed from now on ;)
Louise xx

Jeanne J. said...

That background is amazing. I cant believe all the color! Really stunning!

Monika Reeck said...

I adore how you coloring the metal part YStunning and the color on the car also wonderful really manly colors...you made a perfect manly card and it is also CAS..love this Deborah, my card is number 19 at the challenge gallery..wish you like to visiting me back..hugs from Munich, Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...