Saturday 27 September 2014

52CCT - Stash ....

.... Hello again!  It's the last Saturday in September and that means it's time for our new challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  This week is our stash challenge - Asha would like us to use Pearls and Diamonds on our cards.  Here's my take:

Naughty List - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season, Tag Collection #1, Seasons of Love
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango
Dies: WMS - Stitched Tag
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SUDP - Real Red, Daffodil Delight; Twine; Gems; Pearls


I don't often use gems and pearls on my cards so this was a perfect challenge for me!  I used the colours from this week's Colour Me! challenge - CMCC#39 and the layout from this week's Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#155.  I stamped snowflakes, in totally non-traditional colours, randomly over the card and then added a panel of design paper to go along the edge of the card.  I stamped the main image onto white card and cut it out with the stitched tag die. I stamped the image again in turquoise and cut out the "nice" part and adhered it to the tag.  I finished the tag with some gems, pearls and a turquoise hole reinforcer.  I added a tangerine twine bow.  I added a few more pearls to the centres of some of the snowflakes.  On the inside a cut a couple of mat layers in design paper, stamped orange snowflakes around the edge of the white panel and finished with a Christmas sentiment.

Naughty List inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

You might have noticed that we have a new member on the Design Team - please join me in welcoming Peg Coombes to the team!  Check out the blog to see more inspiration pieces for you.

Before I go, I'd like to remind you that there's still plenty of time to join in with this week's Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge where our theme is Christmas.  You must use at least one WM stamp, sentiment or digi on your card - mine's all WMS!!!!

I hope you all have a super weekend.  I've got a really crafty weekend planned - I'm attending several workshops run by Amy Flowers at my local shop - Stampeddler Plus - I'll share photos later.  Bye for now!

signature

13 comments:

Peanut said...

LOVE this colour combo! Awesome! And the sparkly bits make it extra special. Have a lovely weekend of crafting. Looking fwd to seeing the pics.
hugs, Asha

Jacqueline said...

This is such a bright and cheery Christmas card - love it - Jacqueline xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Cute card. Love the non-traditional colours (very pretty) and the pearls and gems add just the right amount of bling.
Caroline xxx

Fabiola said...

Oh Déborah ! Quel humour! Elle est trop fun et sympa, biz

Linda Callahan said...

Great colors and such a fun sentiment! Love it for the holidays! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Such a fun card Deborah! Love that tag! Great colour combo! Love those snowflakes! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

What a hip vintage/retro feel to this card! Yep I know that does not make sense but I am getting both elements for sure :) Thank so very much for taking the time to share with us this week at Colour Me...! Sure hope to see you in the gallery again soon :)

Unknown said...

What an awesome card! Apart from the fact that the sentiment on the outside made me chuckle, I love how you finished off the card on the inside. That's an eye for detail that will make the recipient of this gem really happy!

Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

Julia
CMCC Design Team

Claire Broadwater said...

Deborah, this is such a great card! Love the sentiment and the way the colors all came together on your card! The finished inside is just as gorgeous as the front! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me..! this week! XX

Pegcraftalot.blogspot.com said...

Oh wow love the colour combo and the inside too

Patricia H. said...

I like how you've sprinkled the snowflakes with the pearls!

Danielle Vincent said...

What a terrific color combo Deborah! LOVE that fun tag. Class and fun!! Hugs D

Lily-by-Gilly said...

I love the colours - so different to the norm, and you've used the pearls and rhinestones to set your card off beautifully. It's wonderful. Hugs, Gill xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...