Wednesday 6 August 2014

TMR - Make Pink Masculine ....

... Hi everyone!  I really like the cards you made for our Geometric theme - so many fab submissions.  Now it's time for our new challenge at The Male Room, you have to:

Make PINK Masculine

I based my card on the Argyle pattern often used for sweaters and socks and seen on many golf courses!!  Here's my card:

Dad - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Winnie & Walter - Parentville, The Write Stuff - Leave it to Dad
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Strawberry Slush, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette
Dies: Spellbinders - Rectangles Lg (S4-132) #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake

I created the background paper by stamping the argyle pattern in Soft Sahara and then I over stamped the diamonds in several shades of pink.  I cut the panel to size and layered it onto Crumb Cake and adhered to the card.  I used my Spellbinder rectangle die to cut the white panel and then stamped the word Dad in pink and over stamped this with the cameo image.  I finished the front with a simple sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in Crumb Cake and on the white panel I added a couple of bits of the argyle pattern, but left a large area blank for my message.

Dad inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspirational cards showing how to make PINK masculine - check out the blog and leave some comments for my team mates.  We all like a bit of love!!  Go have fun, I'm looking forward to seeing your masculine projects with a pink twist!

signature

8 comments:

Chrysalis said...

What a clever card, Deborah - I particularly love the background. Have a great week x

Vicki Dutcher said...

FABULOUS!!

Stella said...

Oh my Deborah this really is a jaw dropperI I LOVE that pattern and your choice of colors is brilliant. Wow!
XX

Jess said...

Great CAS card!

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely love this masculine design. With its silhouette image.
{I would love you to take part in my 900 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

alexandra s.m. said...

i love your card Deborah!
Thank you for your kind words on my blog ;)

Greetings from the Windy City~

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Very handsome card! Love the pattern paper you chosed. Simple and elegant card!

Sue - said...

Really like the argyle background. It would look good in so many different colours, but the pink really works and is still masculine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...