Friday 15 March 2013

Envelope Art Take Two ....

... Morning!!!  I've got another envelope for the current Serendipity Stamps Challenge - SSCB#7 to decorate a mail-able envelope.  As I explained yesterday, I don't actually have an Serendipity stamps, but I think using the butterfly die is okay!!


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Spring Baskets
Inks: Stampin' Up! - So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Regal Rose
Die: Serenpidity - Floral Butterfly
Accessories:  A2 White Lustre Envelope

This one is really just a variation on yesterday's envelope, but I think it works better.  I used the same technique as yesterday, but this time I decided to make the butterfly multicoloured.  I started off by sponging on yellow, then coral and finished with some darker pink at the wing tips.  I also decided that the butterfly would be better positioned in the top left corner, leaving space beneath to write the address.  I used the same sentiment above the butterfly - it was sunny yesterday afternoon, so I'm hopeful that spring will arrive eventually!

Don't forget the challenge is open until midnight US EST on 17th March - so there's still time to join in.  Oh yes, there's a prize too of $20 towards some Serendipity stamps - here's hoping!!

I'm off to have my hair cut this morning - as it's very short I have to get it done every six weeks, otherwise I end up looking really messy!!  That's all for now - hope to get back with a card later today.

8 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Your sponged butterfly makes a lovely decorated envelope Deborah! I like both colors (this and your previous post!)

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous colours!

Marybeth said...

Of course it's ok ! Love the colored or sponged butterfly! We had 90 degrees yesterday! Spring has sprung. It wont be that warm today but it is beautiful out, happy to share it with you. Thanks for playing again in the SSCB

Jackie said...

I loved the other one but I love this one more :o)
Jackie xx

Jeanne J. said...

I love them both Deborah - the blue green was so pretty but this two tone is so warm - what a difference color can make!

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous butterfly and stunning colours

Anne

Pauline said...

Just so pretty Deborah, I love the blended spring colours.
Thanks for joining us at SSCB!

Elfjesdroom said...

wat een mooie vlinder en de kleuren zijn ook al zo mooi!!!!
groetjes Elvira

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...