Sunday 15 April 2012

CR84FN52 - Hi ....

.... Good morning all!!  It's hard to believe, but we've been in the States for a month now. Time is going so quickly!!  In that time we've had summer temperatures, gone back to more "normal" temperatures and even seen a few snowflakes!!  I'd been told that in Michigan you can experience all seasons in a day - I guess it's absolutely true!!!

It's time for our new CR84FN colour challenge - such soft, pretty colours, chosen by my team mate, Heather.  Our wonderful inspiration photos are courtesy of Magnolia Rouge.  Love that wigwam and those macaroons look good too!!


I have to admit that when I first saw these colours I was stuck!  I spent ages just browsing through my stamp catalogue.  Finally, and I don't know why it took so long, I realised that the perfect stamps for these colours were the pretty Victorian Frippery lace stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  I inked up the long border stamp in pink and tan and made a lace background!  Then I made a focal image using circular Spellbinder dies and the coordinating lace circle stamp.  I finished off with a simple Hi!!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Victorian Frippery
Inks: Memento - Angel Pink, Desert Sand
Spellbinders:  Classic Scalloped Circles Sm (S4-125) #1, Classic Scalloped Circles Lg (S4-124) # 4, Plain Circles Lg (S4-114) #5
Accessories:  SU - Pink Pirouette card; Card from stash

The rest of the team have some wonderful inspiration cards to share with you, so please don't forget to visit them and leave some love:


I hope you all have a lovely Sunday - we're off to Detroit Zoo today!  Looking forward to seeing your creations.  Bye for now.

21 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Deborah, your card is lovely, great background and love your sentiment focal piece.
Sandy

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful Victorian background. Lovely design. Yes the weather can be quite volatile during the spring and fall. :)

Mona Pendleton said...

What? Snowflakes in April??? EEKS!! Your card is so pretty Deb! Love the beautiful stamped background and layered sentiment!

Pauline said...

This is so pretty Deborah, love the Victorian frippery border pattern, it looks lovely in these pastel colours.

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a pretty card Deborah a lovely colour combination gorgeous background

Anne

Jackie said...

Very pretty card and colours :o)
Jackie xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Brilliant use of those stamps & I love the colour combination - quite amazing when put together in a lovely soft classic style as you have done. Glad Mr Mojo is recovered.
Paula (PEP)

Tara Cardwell said...

Your background stamping on this one is superb Deborah. The soft colours would have stumped me too.
Tara x

Kelly S. said...

Oh yes, you picked just the right set, Deborah! The Frippery pattern you created looks gorgeous in these colors! Love the sweet scalloped circles as your centerpiece!

Shannon White said...

This is Soo Beautiful Miss Deb! Love your Wonderful stamped lacy victorian back ground and the Lovely focal sentiment panel too! Just So Pretty! Yep, the weather sure has been crazy lately, even here too! lol

Big Hugs
Shannon

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful Deborah! Love the Victorian Flippery set, it is perfect for these soft colors.

The weather in IA is the same. This time of year you never know what you are going to get. I am glad you are getting settled a little better. :)

Hugs~

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Well...looking thru your stamp catalogue turned out to be a great idea! What a beautiful card.
I love the background stamping. The colors are so elegant together!

Carole said...

I just love the card Deborah, so elegant and graceful.

Vickie Z said...

Love all these WMS stamps and yes, michigan can be finicky this time of year!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, love the Lacey background !

Lisa Elton said...

Love your delicate background Deborah,such a pretty card!

Ardyth said...

That background is so pretty! Love this card!

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, that background is just GORGEOUS and I LOVE all the SP layers! This is such a PRETTY card! Hope you had FUN at the zoo!

Unknown said...

I love your stamped background and it inspired me to pull my set out and get busy. I love its sweet simplicity and hope you enjoyed the zoo!

Loli said...

Hola Deborah, thank you so much for your wonderful comment about my card, i post another card, i hope you liked:d
Oooh Deb,this card is very, very elegant, i love the soft pink colour,is one of my favourite colour, fantastic card Deb, well done.
A warm hug from Europe:D

Rosemary said...

so lovely!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...